Dahua Infrared Illuminator?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They list as having 220 volts ac so not for USA perhaps. They seem quite large also. Check for other threads ir illumination. I bought POE ones which are good quality and work well.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
chrome couldn't translate the Chinese product page. I agree may not be IR at all.

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been using a DH-PFM511 for about 2 months now. Absolutely love it! So much I ordered a 2nd 511 and also a 510 that DHL will deliver tomorrow.

Of Note -
1) Great "feel" & quality full metal housings just like their cameras! As a design engineer I can REALLY appreciate the quality of Dahua products.

2) both the 510 and 511 models support input voltages 90-240 VAC (@ either 8w or 15w respectively) so they work fine here in the states.

3) works at night in IR b/w mode or full color mode at night if selected. I run my cams in color 24/7.

4) No HOT SPOTS. these lights have a special duffising lens in front of the LED bulbs that evenly spread the beams. Also adjustable to the viewing angles of your cams.

5) On/Off dusk to dawn sensors and only uses 8 (PFM511) or 15 watts (510)!

6) adjustable bightness ability. These babies are super bright LED's. Just as good and maybe better light, and Range than my previous halogen 600w flood lamps.

I wired a cord with a 3 prong plug on. Took down my old duel 300W HID flood lights and installed a duplex ac outlet up in my soffit. Next simply plug in the dahua LED. Mine are on a switch so I can turn them off if desired.
Paid $33.00 ($47.31 for the 510).
I order most of my stuff from Oscar @ JIMBU Security and have had EXCELLENT service and dhl shippments usually in less than a week from orders.

Dahua 5 LED DH-PFM511 CCTV Camera light Aluminum IP66 die-cast housing LED light brightness adjustable Accessories
Dahua 5 LED DH PFM511 CCTV Camera light Aluminum IP66 die cast housing LED light brightness adjustable Accessories-in CCTV Accessories from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Dahua DH-PFM510 15W Customized Outdoor WaterProof Mini LED Infrared IR Lights for CCTV camera IR10m LED brightness adjustable
Dahua DH PFM510 15W Customized Outdoor WaterProof Mini LED Infrared IR Lights for CCTV camera IR10m LED brightness adjustable-in CCTV Accessories from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So they included IR and non-IR LEDs in the same illuminator? I'm confused.

Outdoor rated visible light illuminators of roughly this size and power are readily available at low prices, but they are designed to be mounted on offroad vehicles and whatnot so they don't have light sensors to automatically turn off during the day. (e.g. http://a.co/1iJHZKQ which are actually just 24 watts each)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008
Not sure how they do it but only see the 6 LED bulbs so they get night IR lumens and bright white light. This allows the cam to work in either Black & White mode or Color mode. I guess it wouldn't really be infared as you don't get a dark area and red light covert effect, but for my backyard I really like the full white light security and running in color mode at such a small (8w) power draw.
Here's some snapshots in several different settings.

Attachments

Last edited:

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's some photos to show both the PFM 510 and PFM 511 models as compared to each other.
The tree marked with arrow is 80 yards out.
20171013_114329.jpg 20171013_114429.jpg 20171013_114539.jpg Dahua LED 7W PFM511I.jpg Dahua LED 15W PFM510I.jpg

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@weigle2
PTZ not zoomed (full view)
Well lit large tree is about 35' from cam.
LED is temp. mounted at 8 ft high just under my house eve. PTZ @ 10' and about 12 ft to the side of the LED lights.
For a 30-40 ft. range the 511 (7w) is great.
My plan is to use the 510 (15w) more in the length of my back yard. It lights the depth (out towards well lite tree) plus the longer width of my yard.

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ZyBeR
They list them with IR range but I would not really consider them "Infar Red).
IR 850nm has the "red" bulb glow and work well if you want an area to be dark but yet a person can see the red glow on the bulbs.
IR 940nm has no glow and are used in areas where you want cam vision but yet no glow to the person to view.
I have both and use for different areas. One side of my house has a neighbor close so I don't want a visible white light shining in their windows so I use a smaller 850nm red LED. The opposite side of the house looks more up a street and I use a 198 LED (CM Vision IR130) 940nm LED.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XC6Z2DQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508457958&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=cmvision+ir130&dpPl=1&dpID=51KW9qLwogL&ref=plSrch
This LED has no visible light so it does not effect anyone coming down the street.
My back yard I use these Dahua white lights like auto on/off flood lights. This lets me have excellent vision out my windows and allows me to run my back cams in color mode 24/7.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All my Dahua see them just fine:)
I added a amazon link above if anyone is interested in the CM 130.

Last edited:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
940nm is seen by most IP cams but is significantly dimmer than 850nm at the same power draw. It's just up to the installer to decide if the stealth/aesthetic aspect is worth the decreased illumination and the loss of whatever intimidation factor there might be in the red glow.

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do really like this CM130. With 198 LED bulbs the uniformity of the lit area is very even. My 850nm, 6 bulb LED's light has a very bright hot spot area.
I recently added a thin (.020") opaque plastic sheet in front of the 850, and it did help diffuse the light, but I still have a hot spot that is more than I like.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
purchased PFM 511
but someone can explain me what are these 2 buttons ? left and right ?
Sans titre.jpg

thanks !

BICK

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's probably the intensity adjustment for the short and long distance LEDs or the infrared and reg visible LEDs.