Dahua Intercom 2-Wire VTO2000A/VTH 1550 Door strike question

MattL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing a DIY install - the Dahua 2-wire kit with the VTNC3000A network controller and I'm having issues with the door strike - failing to release. Setup is: 24V 2.5A power to VTNC3000A controller - 2 wire from controller to VTH1550 24V/7W - 2 wire from controller to VTO200A 24V/10W - and 2 wire to door strike - intercom all configured fine and viewable on my network. Door strike is NC (push unlock to release 12v/24V - 200ma/100ma) - and it has only worked a few times after I re/install then it won't release at all.

I've checked it's delivering 24V and if I wire straight to the door strike without connecting to the NC and Com port it releases.

Do I need a separate power source for the door strike? Or should this be fine if I'm giving the door strike power from the controller using another 2-wire connection? Any ideas?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do I need a separate power source for the door strike?
The diagram suggests an external power source is required, to be switched by the contacts at 11 & 12
I don't follow from your text description how that power is being supplied.
It's DC - polarity doesn't matter
And the attached diagram does show a polarity requirement.

RazorsEDGE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It does appear to indicate you'll need an external power source. I have an AC strike so it's slightly different, but I used a transformer for a doorbell to power mine. The controller in my case is just a dry contact switch, and even though it has it's own power it doesn't power my strike.

MattL

n3wb
Reaction score
The diagram suggests an external power source is required, to be switched by the contacts at 11 & 12
I don't follow from your text description how that power is being supplied.

And the attached diagram does show a polarity requirement.
Thanks and yes, I agree - I've got power coming down a separate 2-wire channel from the controller which has 4 x 2-wire connection points. Polarity - the door strike installation instructions say polarity doesn't matter for the door strike connection - I tested it direct and it works either way with a DC connection.

MattL

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I'll give it a go with a separate power source connected through the gate intercom as suggested. Let you know if that helps!

bengrech

n3wb
Reaction score
It does appear to indicate you'll need an external power source. I have an AC strike so it's slightly different, but I used a transformer for a doorbell to power mine. The controller in my case is just a dry contact switch, and even though it has it's own power it doesn't power my strike.
Hi Razor, have the same VTO2000A-2 as in your article and need to open a 12V AC striker. Does the VTO2000A-2 support connecting a 12V AC source and then pressing the unlock button would unlock the door as I have not found any specs? Appreciate your feedback.

Hina Chow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing a DIY install - the Dahua 2-wire kit with the VTNC3000A network controller and I'm having issues with the door strike - failing to release. Setup is: 24V 2.5A power to VTNC3000A controller - 2 wire from controller to VTH1550 24V/7W - 2 wire from controller to VTO200A 24V/10W - and 2 wire to door strike - intercom all configured fine and viewable on my network. Door strike is NC (push unlock to release 12v/24V - 200ma/100ma) - and it has only worked a few times after I re/install then it won't release at all.

I've checked it's delivering 24V and if I wire straight to the door strike without connecting to the NC and Com port it releases.

Do I need a separate power source for the door strike? Or should this be fine if I'm giving the door strike power from the controller using another 2-wire connection? Any ideas?