Dahua IP camera motion detection not working on 2 cameras

Philnico

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a new to the security camera stuff so I apologize ahead of time. I have a Dahua NVR model DHI-NVR210 with 3TB hard drive and 4 Dahua IP cameras, 3 are model DH-IPC-HDBW4433R-AS and 1 model is DH-IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS.
I have had this system for a half a year and been learning the basics.
My problem is 2 of the 4 cameras I can not get the motion detection to work. I have read related posts from this forum and tried many times to correct it but to no avail.
I have copied the camera setttings on the 2 cameras the motion detection is working on but no matter what I do just cant get the other 2 cameras motion detection working.

Should I try and reset to factory settings and setup all again?

I basically just want notifications of motion detection to work for all my cameras and to receive them on my phone and/or email. (the email setup I have never been able to figure out)
Once I get notifications of motion I can always go back to my system and find the video from my NVR system.

I have read on this forum that MD doesn't always work well on these cameras. If it is a camera issue then could you recommend and app or pc program the would give me the MD alerts I am looking for?
Any advice would be helpful!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris software running on a PC has really good motion detection abilities built-in, so you would not need to use the cameras’ motion detection at all.

Is there any chance the schedule of when to record motion on those two non-working cameras is different than the working cameras?

Philnico

n3wb
Reaction score
Great, that sounds like the thing to do.
I have changed those settings also to match exactly. I have tried with different software not just locally too. It seems like when I go back to check settings those 2 cameras have reverted back to default. It's all a blur at this point because I have been messing around with it for so long!
I don't think setting everything back to factory default is going to change anything, so
I will just go to Blue Iris and start using that!
I assume it has an easy way to setup and get notifications?
Thanks aristobrat!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are China Region hacked to english firmware. The firmware on them can be janky and can't be upgraded.
Best to avoid them.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am a new to the security camera stuff so I apologize ahead of time. I have a Dahua NVR model DHI-NVR210 with 3TB hard drive and 4 Dahua IP cameras, 3 are model DH-IPC-HDBW4433R-AS and 1 model is DH-IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS.
Should I try and reset to factory settings and setup all again?
Hi @Philnico

This is a good time to contact the vendor who sold you the kit and inquire.

As looney2ns mentions - Chinese region cameras, so if you do a factory reset you may end up with a Chinese language menu... please do let us know what happens if you decide to do a reset.

Philnico

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the the system from China. Don't think I will do a reset then!! Thanks for the heads up!
I anticipated and new I was taking a gamble even though I did my research.
At a minimum I am getting 24/7 recording and all cameras look really good compared to Arlo cams(battery powered) ones I was using.
Others I know are spending a monthly fee with the nest cameras along with there initial cost. The learning curve is definitely what keeps others from going this route and with no tech support from who I bought it from it has definitely been a challenge and very frustrating!!
Thanks again!
I will let you know once I get BI and my motion detection and notifications working smoothly.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the the system from China. Don't think I will do a reset then!! Thanks for the heads up!
I anticipated and new I was taking a gamble even though I did my research.
At a minimum I am getting 24/7 recording and all cameras look really good compared to Arlo cams(battery powered) ones I was using.
Others I know are spending a monthly fee with the nest cameras along with there initial cost. The learning curve is definitely what keeps others from going this route and with no tech support from who I bought it from it has definitely been a challenge and very frustrating!!
Thanks again!
I will let you know once I get BI and my motion detection and notifications working smoothly.
To be clear, buying from China isn't a bad thing in and of it's self. You need to make sure you are purchasing the International versions of the cameras, not the China Region hacked versions.
You can purchase the International cams from our favorite vendor: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group Or from his Amazon store, EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:

If you haven't yet, study this: Cliff Notes

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Philnico

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, good to know! I wish I had read more from this forum and the cliff notes, very informative! When I need to upgrade or things stop working I will definitely look to those.
Thanks!