Dahua Ip camera reboots every 5 minutes

Eugene99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there ! I am new at this forum, so i am sorry if the same problem was already discussed, but i did not find any information so far. I bought 5 ip cameras from Andy 6 months ago + nvr. Installed 4 of them and they worked perfectly for about 4 months. But last 2 months one camera IPC-HDW5231R-ZE started rebooting several times a day. What i noticed is that all cameras had 100mbps speed in POE setting , but this one had just 10mbps. Meanwhile power consumption is stable. Last several days this camera started rebooting once in 5 min. So i decided to change the Ethernet cable, but it did not help. Finally i changed this camera with my 5th camera i had not installed yet, and it works stable without rebooting and signal loss. Can the problem be in the setting or its a hardware problem? Any thoughts ?

Thank you

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
Solved ! Finally formatted the sd card and camera started working properly. No rebutting, speed is 100mbps.
This!

I had a madly rebooting camera once. Almost went crazy trying to figure it out.

Pulled the SD card and its been flawless ever since.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What SD card was causing the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dstopp

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with 1 of my 5 Dahua HDW2401R-Z, only rebooted every 2 minutes. The system was running great for years and starting doing this a few months ago. I spent a ton of time trying everything possible and going crazy to figure out what was happening. Turns out after seeing this thread I thought I would try removing the SD card. So far so good. Has not rebooted in some time. Guess I had a problem with the card. It was a samsung EVO 128GB SD card.

XTM3

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am having the same rebooting problem for weeks before I landed here today. Now I realized it must have been the sd card. I have been using this ip camera fine without sd card, till recently. Anyway thanks for the comments. I didn't take out the sd card, I reformatted it through v380pro app and the rebooting stopped. Maybe you can do same, instead removing sd completely.