Dahua IP Video Intercom with Hikvision cameras??

smp72

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I just installed a Dahua video intercom- VTO6210 door station with VTH1550CH monitors. It's all up and running except for the feature where you can view IP cameras on the monitors. I have Hikvision cameras and an Hikvision NVR and I would like to b able to view them on the monitors. I have tried putting in the:

IP name + address
port number tried 554 and 80
username and password
protocol onvif

but it hasn't worked. Has anyone done this?? What settings did you use??

Thanks.

smp72

n3wb
Reaction score
I got it to work. My problem was that my cameras were connected to the Hikvision NVR directly and using the built in POE switch. I connected a cable between one of the camera ports on the NVR and my network switch and I was then able to add the cameras to my VTH1550CH intercom monitor. Used port 80 and onvif.

smp72

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes- using VTNS1060A for door station and 3 monitors. Bought from Aliexpress. Had to purchase power supply separately. Required 24V 2.5A DC.

jober80

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning my CCTV setup for a remote summer house where is essential to have an intercom. At first I thought I would use the Hikvision intercom but information and availability are almost impossible to find. I haven't yet bought any cameras or NVR but I'm planning to proceed with Hikvision.

It seems that the Dahua intercom is a better option as I believe you can add keypads and of course is widely available.

A few questions I have are:
- Did you find any drawbacks from using Hikvision cameras & NVR with the Dahua intercom?
- Are there any features of the intercom that will not work due to different manufacturers?
- finally can you record the intercom camera to the NVR?

Thanks in advance

smp72

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning my CCTV setup for a remote summer house where is essential to have an intercom. At first I thought I would use the Hikvision intercom but information and availability are almost impossible to find. I haven't yet bought any cameras or NVR but I'm planning to proceed with Hikvision.

It seems that the Dahua intercom is a better option as I believe you can add keypads and of course is widely available.

A few questions I have are:
- Did you find any drawbacks from using Hikvision cameras & NVR with the Dahua intercom?
- Are there any features of the intercom that will not work due to different manufacturers?
- finally can you record the intercom camera to the NVR?

Thanks in advance
I too bought the Dahua because it was more easily available and already had hikvision cameras. 1 door station and 3 monitors.

Viewing the hikvision cameras on the intercom can be done and it works fine. I think mine is showing the sub stream as the resolution is pretty bad. Viewing the cameras on the intercom is not like viewing them on an iPhone! This may just be my configuration??

Not sure of any features that aren't avail because of mixed brands.

Haven't tried recording the door station to the nvr? I don't see any reason it would not work. I remember reading something about issues with motion detection features etc not working when mixing brands so this may be a problem?

Installation was a pretty simple. I set everything up on the table first then installed everything. Think this was a good approach for a first timer. Saved a lot of running around. Would be much quicker the second time.

I hope that helps.

jober80

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply.

It seems that there is no major drawback from using the Dahua intercom with hikvision, apart from using two different apps.
Is the resolution of the cameras to the intercom monitor that bad? I'm guessing increasing the secondary stream quality to fix the resolution will probably make viewing the cameras from the internet laggy.

Probably I will buy the dahua intercom since there is no alternative. Plus the fact they have available keypads for using a RF card/pin which i believe they can be integrated.
In my application the intercom will control a sliding door which is the main car entrance and I'll need 2 keypads for entering/exiting. I'm just hoping that you can remotely manage the RF cards or pin for the keypads.
The downside seems that probably there must be a pc present running some software for the keypad.

smp72

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't worried too much about trying to improve the camera image on the monitors. There may be a way but it is a feature I rarely use.

I use the VTO6210 door station which has built in card reader. Using the web app you put it in learning mode and swipe your card to add cards. Its quick and easy. The wiring loom for the door station has wires for connecting a keypad. Quick note that the RFID on the VTO6210 door station is 13.56Mhz so if you have existing 125kHz RFID tags it wont work with them.

Not sure how the dahua keypads are managed. Might be worth trying to find an installation pdf online for the intercom and accessories your looking for and make sure it can do everything you want it to.

lore

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm desperate, I spent hours trying to view the video stream from my hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I (that clearly works fine if I view it on the PC software) on the VTH1560 Dahua intercom (black screen).

This what I have done, any ideas? Thanks in advance

HIKVISION Main stream (just for info)
WP_20170516_23_27_09_Pro.jpg

HIKVISION Secondary stream (for what I know the one taken from the VTH)
WP_20170516_23_27_24_Pro.jpg

VTH CONFIG
WP_20170516_23_40_15_Pro.jpg

smp72

n3wb
Reaction score
Under "local ipc" on the intercom I have each camera added with its IP address, username, password, port 80 and onvif. It's been a while since I set it all up but I'm pretty sure the login details the login for the actual camera.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I plan to install a VTO6210B as well. Does this device support SIP just like his bro' VTO2000A? If not, do you think, flashing the latest SIP FW for VTOXXX devices (501655_General_Overseas_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V1.000.00.0.R.20170425.zip) might bring up this functuality?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm desperate, I spent hours trying to view the video stream from my hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I (that clearly works fine if I view it on the PC software) on the VTH1560 Dahua intercom (black screen).

This what I have done, any ideas? Thanks in advance

HIKVISION Main stream (just for info)
View attachment 18384

HIKVISION Secondary stream (for what I know the one taken from the VTH)
View attachment 18385

VTH CONFIG
View attachment 18386
Hi,

Did you solved problem ??? I have same issue like yours ...

Mook

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I also have the same problem: how to add nvr built in POE cams in the VHT intercom?

Thk

Reaction score
I have partly solved issue with blank screen viewing IP CAMS on VTO6210. I've got HIKVISION IP CAMS DS-2CD2142FWD-IS. After lowering resolution to 1280x720 in camera options(video and audio section), signal appears on VTO6210. When you higer resolution its getting blank. So it solves my problem only partially, atleast I know what is causing troubles...

Last edited:

woop

n3wb
Reaction score
I am also having the issue of not being able to add my Hikvision camera's to the Dahua VTH.

The Hikvision camera's are set up as plug-and-play into the POE ports of the Hikvision NVR. However, I can still get to the ONVIF stream of the individual camera's via the "virtual hosts" hikvision feature.

E.g. my Hik NVR is 192.168.1.20

And I can access the individual camera's web interface and ONVIF stream (e.g. within IP Cam Viewer) via 192.168.1.20:65001 , 192.168.1.20:65002 etc etc.
I can also connect to the camera in ONVIF Device Manager.

However, in the VTH IPC, nothing I do seems to allow the stream to show.

VTH Local IPC Settings:
User/Pass: Camera's user/pass (same as Hik NVR since its plug-and-play mode - verified the login details works for direct web interface of the camera)
IP: 192.168.1.20
Port: 65001 (i.e. the first camera)
Protocol: ONVIF (have tried Local too anyway)
Stream: Have tried Main and Extra
Channel: Have tried 0, 1 & 2
Type: Have tried IPC and NVR

The substream of the camera is 352x288 video size, 512 max bitrate.

Any ideas?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
VTH Local IPC Settings:
User/Pass: Camera's user/pass (same as Hik NVR since its plug-and-play mode - verified the login details works for direct web interface of the camera)
IP: 192.168.1.20
Port: 65001 (i.e. the first camera)
Protocol: ONVIF (have tried Local too anyway)
Stream: Have tried Main and Extra
Channel: Have tried 0, 1 & 2
Type: Have tried IPC and NVR

The substream of the camera is 352x288 video size, 512 max bitrate.

Any ideas?
I also had troubles getting my (Dahua) NVR images to show on that VTH1550 screen (see [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit) - you have to use the correct codec (not the fancy 265+) and max D1 resolution. Then it will work. Tip-of-the-day: create a "substream" in this codec & resolution on your NVR, that already answers your question on Stream: --> Extra.

The only pitfall in your case: with a Dahua NVR, you do not opt for "local IPC", but "local NVR" - I'm guessing you picked that too as you can choose "channel numbers", that is a not editable field in "add local IPC" mode. I would put in the Port the ONVIF port of the camera, and add the channel for the expected channel.

Good luck!
CC

Reaction score
Hello to all

Can you please let me know if I have a kit with 3 VTH from dahua and a vto VTO2202F-P-S2 & VTH2421FW-P can and I get a Hickvision monitor DS-KH9510-WTE1 as a android display connected to the kit mention before from the dahua?

My idea is once that this models are all sip compatibility, perhaps can work together....??

Thank you and best regards

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sure, there is a chance.
Try to register the hik display as a user on the SIP server (running on the VTO?). I had luck with almost all kinds of SIP device (softclients,phones,...).