Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F Set Up

jmwest003

n3wb
Reaction score
Received a new IPC-HDBW4231F from Andy and I'm having trouble getting Blue Iris to recognize it. I can access it from a browser with no problem. Blue Iris doesn't have this exact model number in it's selections, but I was able to get an HDW5231R to work using the Mainstream RTSP setting. Neither of the other three model selections in Blue Iris will work either. I've double checked the IP address and port. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this camera to work in Blue Iris?

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put the port number in the address bar, example: 192.186.1.108:7070 or whatever your port number is. Try that with the 4431 setting.

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And thats one reason I don’t want to use Blue Iris.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

jmwest003

n3wb
Reaction score
Put the port number in the address bar, example: 192.186.1.108:7070 or whatever your port number is. Try that with the 4431 setting.
Thanks BubbaJoe. I had left it at port 80 and put that in the address bar but that didn't work. Upon your suggestion I tried 7070 and 4431 but still no luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And thats one reason I don’t want to use Blue Iris.

Why because someone didn't set something up properly? Let me know if you need help finding threads where folks have issues with NVR's....you could not pay me enough to use an NVR or pss... garbage...
Also when making statements like that it's important to disclose that you are a dahua seller...

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hahhahahah NVR garbage... when your pc crash or hard drive fails... my nvr record as normal... power fails? Sorry i use an UPS.
Updates from Microsoft? No problem.. when i sleep..
So my records are never interrupted.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hahhahahah NVR garbage... when your pc crash or hard drive fails... my nvr record as normal... power fails? Sorry i use an UPS.
Updates from Microsoft? No problem.. when i sleep..
So my records are never interrupted.

Ahhh, keep posting, please so you can show everyone what a fool you are.
I run over 20 blue iris servers...they dont crash...smooth as butter...
1) you avoided the initial critique, you stated "And thats one reason I don’t want to use Blue Iris." what REASON would that be? the op admitted it was user error entering the wrong password.
2) You must have a magic NVR that records even after the NVR crashes or after the hard drive fails? PLEASE tell me about this magic dahua NVR...I will buy it from you...You do know that a pc can be configured in raid as well right?
3)power failure, you do know that a pc can run on a UPS? right? We also have great power here in the US...last time I had an outage for more than 1 second was during superstorm sandy in 2012....
4) updates- you do know that you can disable microsoft updates..updates are OPTIONAL...with dahua updates come every few months and when there is an issue -and there have been MANY, it takes months to resolve if ever...
Try again dahua salesman...

Last edited:

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tell me what is the positive reason why using Blue Iris? I never had any problem with Dahua updates... max 64 cams? Okay, so I need 2 servers for more? How about emailing a event? Could an NVR also. I have only Dahua cams... why then reading that Blue Iris doesn’t have every cam of Dahua in their list? I can each other camera add on a Dahua NVR...

Tell me 1 reason.... why should someone buy it? What server do i need? A expensive one with massive graphics and processor? A NVR keep recording without any question for high end hardware what should fit in a 19” case or tower?

A pc as NVR is history. Today NVR. Tomorrow cloud.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me what is the positive reason why using Blue Iris? I never had any problem with Dahua updates... max 64 cams? Okay, so I need 2 servers for more? How about emailing a event? Could an NVR also. I have only Dahua cams... why then reading that Blue Iris doesn’t have every cam of Dahua in their list? I can each other camera add on a Dahua NVR...

Tell me 1 reason.... why should someone buy it? What server do i need? A expensive one with massive graphics and processor? A NVR keep recording without any question for high end hardware what should fit in a 19” case or tower?

A pc as NVR is history. Today NVR. Tomorrow cloud.

I already did that in other threads as we have discussed before...Why do you seem to "forget" so easily...It is MUCH more customizable and has many many more features than a dahua NVR...look it up..not going to do this again.
Blue iris is NOT designed for enterprise use - we dont need 64 cameras...its home and small business...there are way better but much more expensive vms for that...
Blue iris DOES NOT NEED TO LIST EVERY DAHUA CAMERA...why? because almost every model will work via dahua RTSP option...OR via ONVIF that blue iris also supports...got it now?
Blue iris for most users will run on a 100 dollar i5-3570 pc....You obviously know nothing about blue iris or you would know it actually does not require a graphics card, it is optimized to use intel HD...
yes you can spend more if you like...
Dahua NVR's have had tons of issues, from random reboots to not recording part of events when using ivs...not to mention serious security flaw and backdoors - and you have been recommending port forwarding these security risks-foolish...
Dahua NVR;s are toys...good for only continuous 24/7 recording...
Lets play a little game with the dahua salesman...ok?
tell me for example how you would setup a dahua nvr, to send motion alerts when I am away from home, but turn then off, ONLY FOR INSIDE CAMERAS, when I get home...both email and push notifications?
Tell me how you would set your dahua NVR to record to the NVR, AND at the same time record to a hidden NAS?
Tell me how you would setup your DAHUA NVR to record to your google drive?
Tell me what options dahua NVR's have with respect to sending emails - the snapshots, intervals, how many, video? how long?..
FYI, cloud recording will never be a solution as it requires not only large amount of bandwidth but is dependent on an internet connection being up...foolish to say the lease.
Once you have answered the questions about, we will delve into the other features of blue iris, AGAIN.

Last edited: