Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE stopped working

tripnotics

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I had someone pressure clean my house and 1 of my Dahua HDW5231R-ZE's stopped working. It's installed on an eaves. I'm assuming it got wet?

On my POE switch I see the POE light blinking, so I think it's getting power, but I'm not getting any network connectivity. Camera cannot be pinged.

I have unplugged the network from the POE switch for a day or so, plugged it back in and same result.

I haven't attempted to do anything on or at the actual camera.

Any suggestions on what I should do/try?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a short test cable you can try? I've had cable issues before and having a test cable (a known good one) is a good place to start

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’d pull the camera down, unplug the Ethernet and check out the female end on the camera... if water got in there, it may have shorted out and show some blackened pins. If that’s the case, you can cut the end off and punch the camera’s wires into a keystone jack.

tripnotics

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: I took the camera down. Undid the water tight protector on the network cable and everything looks fine. All connectors are clean. Doesn't look like there was any short. I let it sit unplugged for a day and put it back up but still no signal.

Does anyone think it's worth it to take the camera apart and reset it?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Update: I took the camera down. Undid the water tight protector on the network cable and everything looks fine. All connectors are clean. Doesn't look like there was any short. I let it sit unplugged for a day and put it back up but still no signal.

Does anyone think it's worth it to take the camera apart and reset it?
Yes, take it down and make a hard reset. If still no changes, will do the warranty.