Dahua IPC-HFW2300R-Z & Night Video Quality Help

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve the video quality on the Dahua IPC-HFW2300R-Z camera? It is by far, the worst camera I have for night vision and possibly the best for daytime video. Here is the info on the unit I have:

Here is an example of the video quality (make sure your sound is down. I was testing having sound enabled and there are a few times where static comes across in the otherwise silent video that might scare the * out of you):

It just seems grainy to me considering the image quality, but I might have to put an IR Flood light out to help with the quality, which I am looking into but I was hoping there might be some tweaks to the settings I can change.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't own this camera, but have you tried to bump up the 3D NR Level during the night?

I am sure someone here can help more than I...

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll try it. i think i did, but it will not hurt to do it again so I remember.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also turn off all wdr/hlc...the add is slowly..

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I turned on WDR because the picture was better. I was able to remove some of the graininess.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
By turning off WDR, your daytime video might suffer. You should set a schedule for day night and have WDR on during the daytime and WDR off during night time.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By turning off WDR, your daytime video might suffer. You should set a schedule for day night and have WDR on during the daytime and WDR off during night time.

I'll give it a go. I did switch over to schedule times and set a day/night and normal profile. For some reason the camera was stuck in day mode, so no matter what I changed on the night, the image never improved. But I did a reset of the camera and now the profiles work. So the image quality is a lot better. Plus I got an IR flood up as well, which helps. But now I need to figure a way to diffuse the flood because it has an era where the light is concentrated it's too bright. I am thinking of trying some acrylic diffuser material to see if it helps break it up.