Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS

Reaction score
I am looking to add a couple more cameras to my system and came across the Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS

Does any one have experience with these? This vs. starlight? Recommend something completely different? Low light is important for me.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also in the market for upgrading some older model Dahua's with a newer version with good low light and audio.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Mikes79Bronco, if you haven't already seen these, these reviews are of the 1381 which looks to be the fixed-lens version of the 2831.

(8MP) IPC-HFW1831E Review
Dahua HFW-1831E in-depth review

IMO, the minimum illumination specs for the 1831/2831 (.08 lux/.09 lux) are the closest I've seen to the 2MP Starlight's specs (.05 lux) <in this price range>, but that's still a difference.

I see the 1831/2381s becoming the recommended model for folks that use higher MP "overview cams" to go along with the Starlights they have covering doors, gates, driveways, etc. The previous model recommended the most was the 5831, which has a min lux of .2... Unless someone has unusually good lighting at night, I don't see these equaling Starlight low-light image quality quite yet.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I ordered a IPC-HDW2231R-ZS and I think I'm also going to order a IPC-HFW2831T-ZS and do a side by side test. I think this combination will actually work well for me as I do have a few "overview" cams that I would like to replace with high resolution cameras which is why I was looking at the 2831 in the first place. Then I can replace my other cams with the 2231 for better low light in the locations where I do not have a wide view. I do prefer varifocals just so I can fine tune my view after they are mounted. I am replacing 11 cameras and probably adding 2 more in the process.

Any other camera recommendations? I am also going to add a outdoor PTZ, any recommendations?

@EMPIRETECANDY is based out of china right? Will you be closed for the new year?