Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

Stevens

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks in advanced for any help. :wave:

I have Chinese version of this camera HFW4431R-Z
I am new in IP cameras and would like please any help can be given.
* I can see the camera via my PC with chrome explorer but can not make it to record by motion.
When I press by manual than it starts to record. I can not see the camera from other network, it seems some thing I do not do right with ports or whatever.

Can some one please give me the basic settings, I am trying more than 10 days with out luck.
Regards
Stevens

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried and failed recording with smartPss. That doesn't mean it can't be done, I just couldn't get it to work. So you need somebody using smartPss to record for help, and I have a feeling not very many people on the forum are doing that. Almost everybody is using either an NVR or Blue Iris on a PC. I'm using several HFW4431R-Z with a Dahua NVR with no problems, and use smartPss to look at the recordings that reside on the NVR. I hope you can get some assistance, I just fear there aren't many here who have done what you're trying to do.

I should have asked first if you can view the camera image with smartPss. I've done that in the past. It's just a matter of getting the camera configured in smartPss which is easy once you've figured out how to do it :)

Stevens

n3wb
Reaction score
Send it back, and get your money back. Stay away from these hacked cams.
This does not help me, any way thanks.

I hope you can get some assistance, I just fear there aren't many here who have done what you're trying to do. I should have asked first if you can view the camera image with smartPss. I've done that in the past. It's just a matter of getting the camera configured in smartPss which is easy once you've figured out how to do it :)
Thank you very much, hope i will get some help.

When you install Smart pss , their is a option to install PC NVr also, did you install it?SmartPSS/PC NVR Setup - Dahua Wiki
Yes i have installed that to, i could not find the way how it auto record, motion and all settings is all ok as i read some pdf.
By manual it records fine. How to watch this camera out of our local internet ? Ports are all ok in router. I can not make this to watch it
and via "gDMSS" android app. Thank you for bothering to answer, i really appreciate it.