Dahua IPCAM SDcard recording in case of network failure

M-Cube

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering if the SDcard in Dahua IP Cams can be used as a backup recording device?
Scenario:
  • I have 1 NVR that does all the recording in normal situations.
  • Every camera is connected via an external PoE switch and has an SDcard installed.
  • Now there are some "bad guys" on my premesis and they power of my NVR.
Can the camera now continue recording on SDcard automatically?
If yes, can the camera push this footage to the NVR once it is back?

Some things that bother me as well:
  • IPcams normally can trigger an event for a network disconnection, for a PoE device this can also mean it lost its powes. So what is the use then of this feature?
  • If in above network scenario with an external switch the NVR got powered of, the physical network connection is still there for the IPcam. Does this trigger an event on the camera?

disbjohn

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera won’t push recorded content on so card to NVR. It is only providing the stream the NVR records.

M-Cube

n3wb
Reaction score
BTW, I have already tried to record to SDcard and NVR simultaneously, but that wasn't a success. The camera's are not powerfull enough to do that and then live view starts to stutter a lot.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most Dahua NVR's and Cams have what is called ANR. Stands for Automatic Network Replenishment.
If you have an SD card installed in the camera, and the camera setup to also record to the SD card, In theory, if connection to the NVR is lost, then the cam will continue to record to the SD card as long as the cam has power.
Then when it reconnects with the NVR, the NVR is supposed to pull the recording off the SD card to replenish.
Make sure you are using good quality SD cards such as the Samsung Evo Select. Make sure it's a legit card, as there are a lot of fakes in the market.
Be sure to format the SD card in the camera.

M-Cube

n3wb
Reaction score
I received bunch of camera's and an AI NVR from Andy and am trying to get the ANR working. I have checked the ANR checkbox for the camera, have a legit 2020 Samsung EVO plus running in the cam. Now when I unplug the NVR from the switch, the IPC actually records, but when the connection with the NVR is back the footage never appears on the NVR. I thought maybe I have to enable all the multicast checkoboxes in the NVR and IPC again, but that makes no difference.
So I wonder what settings I need more to make this work, so anyone having suggestions what is needed to make this work? BTW I am testing with a Dual CAM at the moment, maybe that is giving issues with ANR. To be precisely I am testing now with a NVR5432-16P-I and a IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M with a separate PoE switch and all having the latest firmware.

M-Cube

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tested ANR now with a IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED with factory default settings and with this camera it works perfectly. Now I wonder how to get this working with the Dual CAM.... and wonder if there's newer firmware available somehwere for this IPC since it still of the type browser plugin needed.