Dahua IVS on multiple channels/cameras

Jdn77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for some help on IVS set-up. I've recently installed a Dahua DVR (Smart 1u Lite) with 4 cameras. Overall the system is great and easy to use. One thing I'm trying to eliminate is false positives from motion detection so thought I'd try the IVS functionality. Set this up on one camera using the intrusion method and it works brilliantly. On trying to add IVS to more channels/cameras I receive an error message to say the maximum analysis channel threshold has been reached. There must be some sort of limit but can anyone confirm what models offer more IVS analysis?

I did email Dahua support but they didn't actually answer my question and I've also read through various datasheets but I can't determine the IVS limits.

Thanks,
James

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Somewhere on the forum there was a sheet which explained it a bit.

Some nvr units can do 1 or more ivs rules in software for camera's that do NOT have ivs.
With cameras that have ivs rules intern the nvr can do more of them.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
jdn77,
Welcome to the forum!
Not all camera models have IVS. If you can set the intrusion zones using the cam's UI (not the NVR UI), then the camera has IVS.

the maximum analysis channel threshold has been reached.
I've never experienced that error. On some of my cams, I have 3 tripwires and 1 intrusion zone enabled simultaneously, and it works nicely.

If cameras offer more IVS, usually it's more IVS features (such as people counting) I've never seen a camera mentioning it cold handle more trip wires or more intrusion zones. And frankly, I don't think people are clamoring for that.

You do know that a trip wire can be defined that is more than a straight line, right? The tripwire can be a zig-zag, shaped like a "W", aa dog leg, whatever....

Fastb

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DVR indicates your using analogue or CVI, that means the cameras are not doing IVS, the recorder is and it will be limited by its processing power, if you have a lite model it wont have enough resources to do more than a couple cameras w/IVS.. If your using IP Cameras the IVS is offloaded to the camera's hardware and the NVR wont be limited on processing IVS as it scales up.

Jdn77

n3wb
Reaction score
DVR indicates your using analogue or CVI, that means the cameras are not doing IVS, the recorder is and it will be limited by its processing power, if you have a lite model it wont have enough resources to do more than a couple cameras w/IVS.. If your using IP Cameras the IVS is offloaded to the camera's hardware and the NVR wont be limited on processing IVS as it scales up.
That makes sense so looks like I'll either need to upgrade the cameras or the DVR. Will need to have a look at the options in terms of costs. Take it I'd need a pro DVR to handle IVS on 4 cameras?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As near as I can tell, and from my own experience with CVI and the 7208 series DVR, IVS is restricted to one channel at a time. You can set as many IVS rules you want on that channel, but only one channel can be running IVS. If you add IP cams with their IVS functionality, you can bypass this DVR limitation I believe.