Dahua IVS setup "Working Period" - Can't Edit?

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm in the learning phase with several cameras purchased recently. The same issue is seen on both T5442TM-AS and 2431T-AS models I have: When setting up IVS there is a field for "Working Period" that looks like a schedule. It shows SUNbox in red with it's box checked & grayed out. I can check the boxes for individual days or "All" which checks the box for all 7 days, but if I hit save and subsequently reselect the function, the changes are gone and only the red "SUN" is checked.

After trying everything I can think of I have to surrender and seek assistance. What is this function and how does it work?

BTW despite this, my tripwire is working and recording to both the SD card and BI with the 5442

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its theoretically the schedule for when the IVS rule is active. Mine do the same thing, effectively unresponsive. It could have to do with being plugged into a PoE port on the NVR and the camera knows its handling recording schedule, thus disables it? Are you connected to a PoE port on a Dahua NVR?

It could also have to do with not having a defined SD card path for "Local" recording, thus it wont allow a shedule to be set as it knows there's no media to record to?

Last edited:

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its theoreticallt the schedule for when the IVS rule is active. Mine do the same thing, effectively unresponsive. It could have to do with being plugged into a PoE port on the NVR and the camera knows its handling recording schedule, thus disables it? Are you connected to a PoE port on a Dahua NVR?

It could also have to do with not having a defined SD card path for "Local" recording, thus it wont allow a shedule to be set as it knows there's no media to record to?
It is connected to a PC running Blue Iris (through a PoE switch). Also, I do have an SD card installed to see if that had any effect (it didn't).

Seems like simply bad or buggy UI to me. The reason I say that is because the uneditable "schedule" only shows SUN enabled, but the IVS event triggers BI and recording on the SD card any day.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes but all days have green lines showig full time.

I really dont know the answer, but every one many of the cameras Ive worked with have the same issue.

Last edited:

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its theoreticallt the schedule for when the IVS rule is active. Mine do the same thing, effectively unresponsive. It could have to do with being plugged into a PoE port on the NVR and the camera knows its handling recording schedule, thus disables it? Are you connected to a PoE port on a Dahua NVR?

It is connected to a PC running Blue Iris. Also, I do have an SD card installed to see if that had any effect (it didn't).

Seems like simply bad or buggy UI to me. The reason I say that is because the uneditable "schedule" only shows SUN enabled, but the IVS event triggers BI and recording on the SD card.
Yes but all days have green lines showig full time.

I really dont know the answer, but every one of the NVRs Ive worked with have the same issue.
Yes, looks like it will remain a mystery for now ;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As @bigredfish suggested, it may be different for him since he is using an NVR, but I am using BI and it works for me.

Are you using Internet Explorer? These cameras are sensitive to browser and Internet Explorer works best.

Mine works as intended:

1674350514982.png

1674350640150.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
May well be plugin/browser related or certain firmwares.

It works on both of my PTZs and 2 of 4 5442s i just checked but not the others. Works on my 5241 Z12 but not my 5231 Z12....All using IE

Ive seen it plenty of times but never paid attention as I record to the NVR and use the NVR for schedules so on most of my cameras I rarely check

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So I've been testing mine and a few other systems with 5442s which seem to be the ones it most occurs with. I was just able to log back into one I had checked earlier that did NOT work and now it does, and one which DID work and now it doesnt! Im guessing at this point it has to do with the plugin not loading properly sometimes? Very weird

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think you are on to something with the plug-ins. I bet if you went into IE and deleted the plug in and then logged into the camera and let it download from the camera the plug in, it would probably work.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Odd I’m actually being asked to install the plug-in on cameras I’ve visited many times before. I’m also seeing a new MS popup warning…, this is on an old Win7 laptop I use for cameras that doesn’t or at least hasn’t had MS updates in quite a while.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have noticed that I have at least 6 different variants of plug-ins for the various cameras I have and I get that request to install the plug-in to. I think the plug-ins must be just a little different and some cameras can work with more of them than others. My 4K/X and 5442 seem to be the ones that ask it the most.

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As @bigredfish suggested, it may be different for him since he is using an NVR, but I am using BI and it works for me.

Are you using Internet Explorer? These cameras are sensitive to browser and Internet Explorer works best.

Mine works as intended:

View attachment 151622

View attachment 151623

Hmmm. I'm actually using Firefox because I had read Edge & other chrome based browsers didn't work for IVS setup. I don't know if IE can still be downloaded (I never liked or used IE to be honest). I have been able to setup tripwire and intrusion on FF, btw.

I notice that your screencaps show success at creating & defing periods. Can select days or is it stuck on red SUN? I can select individual days or ALL but save doesn't save anything.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have Win10 it is baked into it. Simply search for Internet Explorer. They don't make it an app icon.

I can select days. Since you cannot not and saving doesn't do anything, that lends to it being a browser issue.

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Followup: I think I kind of see how this setting works.

To set a given day, on the chart click the click the "Setting" button on the right side of the given day. Then use the mouse to create segments on that bar, each will populate a period field in the lower half and the corresponding day of the week box will be checked. Hit save to, well, save it.

Clicking on All or individual buttons in the bottom half checks boxes but beyond that I haven't figured it out. You can set periods by directly entering values in the chart.

So it does actually work in firefox, just not very intuitive (for me at least).

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance. Between learning new networking subjects (opnsense, vpn setup), Blue Iris, and individual camera settings, it's been a gradual trudge up the hill but I'm gradually gaing altitude...

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have Win10 it is baked into it. Simply search for Internet Explorer. They don't make it an app icon.

I can select days. Since you cannot not and saving doesn't do anything, that lends to it being a browser issue.
Ahhh. I was looking in the main menu and not finding it. Now, knowing it's on the machine I guess I'll find it and create a shortcut on the desktop.

Added 1/23/23: IE up and running with plugin(s).

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Followup: I think I kind of see how this setting works.

To set a given day, on the chart click the click the "Setting" button on the right side of the given day. Then use the mouse to create segments on that bar, each will populate a period field in the lower half and the corresponding day of the week box will be checked. Hit save to, well, save it.

Clicking on All or individual buttons in the bottom half checks boxes but beyond that I haven't figured it out. You can set periods by directly entering values in the chart.

So it does actually work in firefox, just not very intuitive (for me at least).
Yep, but on the ones where I said it wouldnt work, the "Setting" button is disabled, doesnt do anything ,no popup. Still some plugin issue. But if you play with it long enough it becomes active.