Dahua just bought Lorex,

tkinkade

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems odd to me that there has not been more chatter on here about this acquisition, but maybe I just haven't found the right threads on the topic.

I'm currently trying out one of the Costco Lorex 4k 8-channel NVR w/6 camera systems to see what I think of the camera\image quality, NVR features and to explore camera placement options.

Any of the more experienced folks in here have thoughts on whether they think this means Dahua is going to be making a push to go direct to consumers with this acquisition?

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It seems odd to me that there has not been more chatter on here about this acquisition, but maybe I just haven't found the right threads on the topic.

I'm currently trying out one of the Costco Lorex 4k 8-channel NVR w/6 camera systems to see what I think of the camera\image quality, NVR features and to explore camera placement options.

Any of the more experienced folks in here have thoughts on whether they think this means Dahua is going to be making a push to go direct to consumers with this acquisition?
I have the Lorex system and have added Dahua camers to it. I'm pretty happy the image quality is great but I'm no expert. I did buy some Dahua starlights. When I figure out how to take a picture and post them online I'll do one from the Dahua and the Dahua at night. Honestly I don't see much difference in most of them, but one that's under my carport and has a white ceiling....wow..it looks like daylight out there when it's pitch black.