Dahua Logo Vs No Logo?

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you please tell me the difference between Dahua Logo Vs No Logo? Also, why are the firmware versions different?

Reaction score
If you are referring to the non branded or Loryta branded cams that Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY ) sells there is no difference. See the thread below for the explanation.

As far as the firmware being different, I am not aware that they are.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm referring to 2018 cams that Andy sold to members of this community. Apparently there were some branded and some not. Back then there was no mention of Loryta. If you look at the recent firmware links there are more than one per cam.... somehow the cams are different since the firmware is different.

@EMPIRETECANDY ???

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
You should only use the FW that Andy has posted here in his forum. I wouldn't trust downloading anything else since what he posted is guaranteed to work with the cameras he sells.

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not. I know sometimes there are two versions of the same FW because of PAL/NTSC differences but that doesn't really make a difference for digital cameras.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should only use the FW that Andy has posted here in his forum. I wouldn't trust downloading anything else since what he posted is guaranteed to work with the cameras he sells.
Right, the problem right now, I don't understand what version of FW for the 5231 is valid, tested, and verified.... ready for prime time. Do I have to read through the 9 recent pages of forum posts to figure this out...? I wish finding the latest recommended FW was an easier process. Sometimes, I feel like we are doing a drug deal. There has to be a better way.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. He should sticky the current version of all FW for the cameras he sells. Currently they are mixed and intertwined into various threads on the individual cameras. Sometimes he will post specific FW for a camera but since its not stickied it falls into oblivion over time. You can just DM here and ask him and he will let you know. I've done that before several times.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But at the same time, if your camera is not experiencing an issue, why update it? Unless it is confirmed an update will fix a known issue with YOUR camera in YOUR system/configuration, you may just introduce a problem you do not currently have. I have read reports of some people having a focus issue with the new update.

As far as different FW, @EMPIRETECANDY can get us updates that Dahua isn't pushing out. In addition, @Wildcat_1 works closely with Andy and Dahua engineers to modify and improve their systems - sometimes they may roll it out as an update to their system or they don't and we here are the beneficiaries of this update. The PTZ issue is such an example - if you purchase it from Andy you can get autotrack FW, but probably not if you purchase the camera somewhere else.

Last edited: