Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN & SD29204T-GN)

matt22

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the bottom of the camera housing near the card slot gets very warm like around (115F) at least with night vision on? Is that normal with this type of camera?

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
@matt22, I remember reading somewhere re warm base. Apparently, that is normal and no concern. Mine also is fairly warm.

Now a strange occurrence for me. For the first 2 months I set the camera up no problem and recording to built in sd card. Accessing I.E. login page was never an issue. I now have a dahua nvr, recording 24x7 and again no problems. However, I wanted to do a minor adjustment direct into the camera interface (as the nvr has some limitations) and after several attempts I just can not get into the camera using I.E. I am unable to load the login page. Prior to switching to using the nvr interface, it was straight forward. Not now as I.E. never loads 192.168.1.108 or109. I should not have to go through the adapter settings and router again (but have) to no avail.

Anyone got a clue? Nvr is unplugged/disconnected when I attempt to login to the camera. Have also performed power off/on (camera does it's dance) and even held the reset button in for 10 seconds (where the sd card is) in the base while power is on to attempt a factory reset. Nothing works to get into the camera settings!

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
does your NVR have built in PoE? if so you likely cannot connect directly to the camera anymore as the NVR is not routing traffic from its private network to yours.
@matt22, high powered LED's put off a ton of heat.. I would not be worried, sounds normal.

springheal

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes nayr, NVR is POE. However, I am trying to connect without the NVR. I was using an injector to power the camera. I was hoping to be able to do a factory reset which I performed but the camera did not reset. It's like the NVR has taken over everything even when it's fully disconnected/removed.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hrmm, sorry i dont have any experience with built in PoE.. it sounds like it changed the network configuration, you'll need to try to figure out what it is now and re-configure it to be on your network..

this is why I avoided a NVR w/built in PoE.. sure its nice, at first.. then its not.

Reaction score
Nayr,

After reading al 17 pages, I want thank you for all your effort and time you put in to this. I wasn't thinking of purchasing this camera however this read has me thinking other wise.

If I paired 3 of them (under porch facing entrance door and walkway) with 3 IPC-HFW4421s for backyard (about 75 ft long) and driveway/sideyard( 60 feet long)..closest street light is appx 75-100 ft away the end of my house. The NVR will end up getting is the Dahua NVR5416-1P-4S2. or would you pair the SD904S-GN with another type camera?

-Mark

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont think the 3.6mm of the IPC-HFW4421's would be acceptable.. Wide angle is NOT very useful outdoors, go check out https://ipvm.com/calculator, keep the PPF > 100 and you'll see that a wide angle camera at night is only good to ~15-20ft.. Look at my sample video of the prowlers at night, thats pretty much full zoom (12mm) and merely 30ft away... if I had this camera at no zoom, the two targets would of been a tiny bit of pixels with no useful data.

Fixed cameras outdoors, I use 6mm and up and have much better results at night.. the 3.6mm is better suited for tight spaces where nobody will be >20ft away from camera.. like rooms, patios, garages.

The NVR should work fine, and you can hookup motion sensors door/sensors to the NVR and tell your PTZ's to go to presets.. if thats something you'd like then just make sure that NVR has enough IO ports for you.

peraburek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua SD29204T-GN(-W) came out to replace model SD29204S-GN(-W)

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/sd29204t-gn-w-1871.html

I can't find models without WiFi on Aliexpress

Dahua SD29204T-GN-W replace SD29204S-GN-W 2Mp Network Mini IR WIFI PTZ IP WIFI Speed Dome Camera English Firmware Free Shipping
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/q7NM3W0

@nayr - do you know what could be the difference between SD29204S-GN and SD29204T-GN ?

btw. thank you for great demo videos, I am really interested in buying mini PTZ from Dahua SD29204S-GN or SD29204T-GN (non-wifi version)
I need POE so WiFi model doesn't cut it, even I would not use WiFi anyway

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello!

I have Dahua SD22204T-GN mini PTZ. Do you know how to setup home position? Now if power go down then camera goes wrong position. Where I can setup default home position to prevent this?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am also interested in the above mentioned type.(SD22204T-GN)
too bad there is no internal ir with this modell. The DH-SD322203S-HN does not have IR but is more expensive. Also this has 1/2.8" sensor and only 3x zoom. The 22204T has 1/2.7" sensor and perhaps that is about the same as the camera the topic is about ?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont think the 3.6mm of the IPC-HFW4421's would be acceptable.. Wide angle is NOT very useful outdoors, go check out https://ipvm.com/calculator, keep the PPF > 100 and you'll see that a wide angle camera at night is only good to ~15-20ft.. Look at my sample video of the prowlers at night, thats pretty much full zoom (12mm) and merely 30ft away... if I had this camera at no zoom, the two targets would of been a tiny bit of pixels with no useful data.

Fixed cameras outdoors, I use 6mm and up and have much better results at night.. the 3.6mm is better suited for tight spaces where nobody will be >20ft away from camera.. like rooms, patios, garages.

The NVR should work fine, and you can hookup motion sensors door/sensors to the NVR and tell your PTZ's to go to presets.. if thats something you'd like then just make sure that NVR has enough IO ports for you.
I've noticed this is the case with my Hik Turrets. 2.8mm compared to 4mm is night and day. I'd imagine the 6mm is even better.

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Dahua SD29204S-GN compare to Huisun PTZ v2 4x, 2.8mm-12mm? I was looking outdoor wide angle camera and interested in these 2.
Note: I plan to use with my Hikvision NVR.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@nayr you still happy with this Dahua PTZ? Holding up okay in the Denver weather? Looking at project that may utilize one being placed under an eve over a 3 car garage (replacing a Matrix IR Turret) in Indiana so similar weather as Denver just not as long of winters.

Also have you run this through an NVR - if so which one, and did you have full controll of PTZ functions through the NVR controlls?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
still kicking ass, thinking of getting another one for indoors..