Dahua New Firmware

Zachps

n3wb
Reaction score
I found this FTP server with the latest Dahua firmware, It looks like it from a Dahua vendors website.

Index of /Firmware

I was searching for hours trying to find the latest firmware for the new IPC-A46 cameras and they had it here.

Enjoy

Zachps

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm... Why does it say "Index of /Firmware" and not the actual website URL?

I'm a new poster, but come here often looking for help with my cameras.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
hmm... Why does it say "Index of /Firmware" and not the actual website URL?

I'm a new poster, but come here often looking for help with my cameras.
That's only the "label" of the URL, if you click on it, it does work fine.

Thanks for sharing!

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you go to the main site of that domain it is a Russian company providing security equipment and services. So, it should not be worse than a Chinese security company which Dahua is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to the main site of that domain it is a Russian company providing security equipment and services. So, it should not be worse than a Chinese security company which Dahua is.
you are missing the point...dahua is the manufacture...some random russian with DAHUA firmware should not be trusted.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Their ftp sites look like mirrors of each other.
In common yes, but in details no.
All devided for a countrys and for example ipc of R6 series calls so different, not as DS-2CD......

Last edited:

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, no thanks...ill get my firmware for the manufacture...
The OP couldn't find the relevant firmware anywhere else.

Since that company is an authorized Dahua distributor it is safer to get the firmware from them than, for example, from Andy who is not an authorized Dahua distributor or download any firmware posted on this forum. No offense to anybody, just explaining the logic.

If Dahua signed their firmware this conversation wouldn't have happened. Does anybody know if Dahua signs their firmware? I see a file "sign.img" in one of their bin packages but I don't know if it means anything. The browser plugin from the latest firmware I tried was digitally signed. It's a good sign.

EDIT: Just found in "Cliff Notes": "Dahua started signing their firmware in 2017 (varies by model)". So the trust in the website is irrelevant. A tampered with firmware simply won't install.

Last edited:

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OP for Hikvision was at usa ftp now it's close.
OP for DH don't see yet.

Yes Dahua firmware signed and wrong whole firmware do not install through the web or others, but if need recorevy so unpack & recover with parts

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The OP couldn't find the relevant firmware anywhere else.

Since that company is an authorized Dahua distributor it is safer to get the firmware from them than, for example, from Andy who is not an authorized Dahua distributor or download any firmware posted on this forum. No offense to anybody, just explaining the logic.

If Dahua signed their firmware this conversation wouldn't have happened. Does anybody know if Dahua signs their firmware? I see a file "sign.img" in one of their bin packages but I don't know if it means anything. The browser plugin from the latest firmware I tried was digitally signed. It's a good sign.

EDIT: Just found in "Cliff Notes": "Dahua started signing their firmware in 2017 (varies by model)". So the trust in the website is irrelevant. A tampered with firmware simply won't install.
right...there is no way to tamper with dahua firmware:rolleyes: there is no hacked firmware available to the public..dont make me laugh.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hacked Dahua firmware and different ways of delivery it to device of course exist.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont trust Russians...
This is prejudice ;)
The question of trust does not worry the Russians ;)

Of course better get, wget, tfp or other way firmrare from your local seller or local distributor. Customized & for your modelm vendor, group.

Zachps

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand the concern over this FTP being from a .ru domain. I personally have many concern about any domains, whether it be .com .ru .cn. It doesn't matter to me where I go. You have to be careful and know what to look out for. So much malware comes out of the biggest domain, english .com websites.

Just be careful out there.

My point was Dahua was holding back an updated firmware that I needed to work with my QNAP recorder. So I thought I would share this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is prejudice ;)
The question of trust does not worry the Russians ;)

Of course better get, wget, tfp or other way firmrare from your local seller or local distributor. Customized & for your modelm vendor, group.
I understand it doesnt worry the russians...you are known fraudsters. Also you need to look up the definition of prejudice, if its based on fact and experience, its not prejudice :)