Dahua newbe questions...

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
I have many cameras, mainly Hikvisions, but one IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE and all are connected to my NVR (5216-4ks2).

IVS seems to be effective and I've got less faulty snapshots that with only MD. Few things is bothering me with NVR and 5442:

1. Why I don't see pre record in my NVR, even it is set to do so Pre-event Record = 5s on camera.
It seems that cameras card will record it, but isin't it stupid that you have to log in to camera to see what have been going on!
Also cameras DAV files are not compatible with VLC, mpv media player or SMPlayer, and my slow laptop can not play them
fluently on camera webpage.

2. Why NVR does not show any Intelligent on SEARCH. I can only see yellow, that is conventional motion detection.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think there's a bug on the Dahua NVRs where if you are recording 24x7 (general) video, then the setting used for pre-record with IVS events is ignored... Others can comment about it, but it seems the pre-record setting (5s or whatever) only works if you are not recording 24x7 ... Some of us just notified EmpireAndy about it and maybe that'll get fixed in the future.

The DAV files can be played with the SmartPlayer app.

As for the NVR showing Intelligent search, my Dahua NVRs have shown this without problem. if you have "General" checked and "Intelligent" checked, you should see something similar to this for the channel you're looking at:
1642399419096.png

If you uncheck General, and leave Intelligent checked, you should see something similar to this:
1642399471196.png

If you see yellow, it's because you're using SMD I would guess, and not IVS?

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not recoring 24/7, only due to MD or AI alarm.

As far as I know, SmartPlayer does not exist for linux.

I can see only yellow on that timeline... It doesn't matter even I have checked only Intelligent or all.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bit confused... you mentioned IVS initially, but now you also mentioned recording with MD. so are you using MD/SMD as well as IVS?

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I have configured so, that MD will record. IVS will also record but also take snapshots to FTP.

I assume that I can see from NVR that what is recorded because MD (yellow) and what is recorded because IVS (blue).

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What if you uncheck the yellow "motion" checkbox, do you then see the blue lines like I show in the above screenshot?

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
As I said, It doesn't matter even I have checked only Intelligent. If I uncheck yellow MD can't see anything anymore... there are no records with IVS.
However, IVS is saving snapshots to FTP, so IVS is working... And I can see it from live view that IVS is catching human and car for example.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On your NVR, under Alarm logging info, do you see events like these at ALL? Type -> Tripwire or Intrusion, like I show below? (see the 1st screenshot below)
For every IVS event the NVR sees (triggered by the camera AI), it should be logged there automatically.

If you don't see that. Have you tried:
1. Deleting the camera/channel from the NVR and re-adding it to the NVR?
2. Factory resetting or resetting the camera? (save your settings first!)
3. Factory resetting or resetting the NVR? (save your settings first! and unplug your camera before the reset)
4. Verified you are setting your channel to record for IVS (blue line)? You probably dont have a green line if you're not recording 24x7 but you should have the blue line? (see the 2nd screenshot below)

Also, what firmware releases are you on for the 5442 camera and for the 5216 NVR? the Dec2020 firmware of the cameras and the July2021 firmware of that NVR should work well together.

1642449401647.png

1642449601089.png

Attachments

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
On your NVR, under Alarm logging info, do you see events like these at ALL? Type -> Tripwire or Intrusion, like I show below? (see the 1st screenshot below)
For every IVS event the NVR sees (triggered by the camera AI), it should be logged there automatically.

Yes I do. I made a test: I took all motion detections away, and I walked on the yard... NVR doesn't show the IVS record at all, but I found it from cams memory card. And that same recording exsist in that alarm list also.

If you don't see that. Have you tried:
1. Deleting the camera/channel from the NVR and re-adding it to the NVR?

No I haven't, camera is new, and it have been in use for about a week now.

2. Factory resetting or resetting the camera? (save your settings first!)

No.

3. Factory resetting or resetting the NVR? (save your settings first! and unplug your camera before the reset)

No

4. Verified you are setting your channel to record for IVS (blue line)? You probably dont have a green line if you're not recording 24x7 but you should have the blue line? (see the 2nd screenshot below)

No blue lines at all. Just yellows, but BINGO, storage/record setting was wrong! There ware not IVS at all. I added alarm and IVS, let's see how it works...

Also, what firmware releases are you on for the 5442 camera and for the 5216 NVR? the Dec2020 firmware of the cameras and the July2021 firmware of that NVR should work well together.

NVR is DHI-NVR5216-4KS2 and it's running on V4.001.0000006.1, Build Date: 09-07-2021
CAM is IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE and it's running on V2.820.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2020-11-14

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
5442 firmware was in that state when I got it... I've been thinking to update 2.840, but I don't know yet... I'd like to have possibility to come back if it sucks...

And thanks for help, there are so many settings in this kind of setup, that I just can't remember all... And it's confusing that same settings can be seen from cam and NVR...

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're not kidding. My foray into Dahua NVR/cameras was a nightmare trying to learn everything and fixed countless problems, but with the help of people here, it gets easier. And now that you know where that setting is, you'll never forget it again!

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
I added IVS tap for other channels also, and find out that also hikvision cameras started to record IVS :oops: that I thought would be impossible...

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have idea what might happen on 16th January, after that I got almost continuous MD recording when it's dark outside... At the moment we have light outside about 8.30 to 16.30. It should look like something like on the left side on the picture, that is 16th night/morning, but right side the same day's evening it's recording almost all the time and I can't figure out why. I have made some change to config maye... I have tried to lower MD detection but no success.

Kuvakaappaus_2022-01-19_11-43-25.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it running infrared and there is a cobweb or rain/snow or bugs flying around triggering it all night?

Post a video from that timeframe so we can see what is going on.

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
IR is not on. 5442 is forced to day mode day and night, since we have som lights on the yard. I can take a sample, but I have to pull it out from NVR... Why on earth this is not possible from web interface :banghead:
EDIT: There are absolutely nothing moving, accept small noise due to night... Bugs and spiders are sleeping while temperatures are below 0 celsius.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is possible to pull video from the web interface of the camera if you have an SD card in the camera. You can pull it from the NVR web interface as well.

Without seeing the video, sounds like sensitivity is too high that some noise is causing it, or the camera perceives a flicker in the light as motion.

Video should be helpful.

JGr!

n3wb
Reaction score
Bingo, I found the problem!

My setup it so, that, if channel 1 start to record, it will also record channel 4, since they look partly same part of the yard.

Kuvakaappaus_2022-01-19_17-26-06.png

This continuously recording starts, if I tap it so, if channel 4 start to record, it will also record channel 1:

Kuvakaappaus_2022-01-19_17-26-36.png

I took that tap away, and now it behave as it should. Only short recordings on channel 1. Then I notice that cam 4 have some spider net in front of camera, it was in a corner so it was hard to see. I took it away, and no more continuous record :clap: Too easy reason... but I didn't realize that the recording was coming from channel 4 :lmao: