Dahua Not Recognizing micro SD Card (IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS )

Ctbrown

n3wb
Reaction score
Just purchased two new Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS off of Ebay. Has a "English Firmware" already installed. I currently have both cameras on my workbench hooked up to an un-manged POE switch which is in turn connected my home network switch (16 port un-managed TRENDnet switch) to which everything in the house is connected to.

From my office PC I can connect with Smart PPS and get a live view. I can also connect via Chrome Web Browser, which will not give me live view, but was able to change the IP addressees. However, I tried two different microSD Cards, both formatted with FAT32 and neither card worked in either camera. Kept getting "No SD Card" after going into the local storage settings. Any help would be much appreciated.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just purchased two new Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS off of Ebay. Has a "English Firmware" already installed. I currently have both cameras on my workbench hooked up to an un-manged POE switch which is in turn connected my home network switch (16 port un-managed TRENDnet switch) to which everything in the house is connected to.

From my office PC I can connect with Smart PPS and get a live view. I can also connect via Chrome Web Browser, which will not give me live view, but was able to change the IP addressees. However, I tried two different microSD Cards, both formatted with FAT32 and neither card worked in either camera. Kept getting "No SD Card" after going into the local storage settings. Any help would be much appreciated.
Welcome Ctbrown,

Have you tried to format the cards in the cameras via the camera interface?

Ctbrown

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome Ctbrown,

Have you tried to format the cards in the cameras via the camera interface?
That's not possible since you cannot specify what it is that you want to format. It just throws an error. See screenshot below...

upload_2017-10-17_19-27-20.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's not possible since you cannot specify what it is that you want to format. It just throws an error. See screenshot below...
Hi Ctbrown,

Double check that the card is inserted fully.

Ctbrown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Ctbrown,

Double check that the card is inserted fully.
I double checked and the card seems fully inserted and I applied a decent amount of force to insert it. That said, the slot is awkwardly placed and it's very difficult to maneuver around the other components and insert the card into place Thus I'm wondering if doing it wrong. Is there any sort of unlatching mechanism that makes it easier to insert the card?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I double checked and the card seems fully inserted and I applied a decent amount of force to insert it. That said, the slot if awkwardly placed and it's very difficult to maneuver around the other components and insert the card into place Thus I'm wondering if doing it wrong. Is there any sort of unlatching mechanism that makes it easier to insert the card?
Hi Ctbrown,

I have not yet tried to install a card into one of those.

Ctbrown

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out. It turns out that there is a hinge and latching mechanism that I was unaware of. Had to take a picture and zoom in to see it. Essentially, you slide the socket a little to the left and then you can swing it upwards and then insert the sd card. You lock the card in place by pushing it back down and sliding to the right. What really threw me off is that you are able to slide the card quite a bit without opening the latch, just not far enough to make good contact.

Now I can go in via the web browser and it shows the card.