Dahua NV self reboots randomly

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have the DH-HCVR8216A-S3 and I notice occasionally it reboots during the day, any reason this might be happening? I went to the event log and said something like self-protection or similar.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Log into the camera and look to see if the Dahua's "auto-reboot" option has been set to fire every x hours; I forget where that option is set within the menue tree...but look, it's there.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats a Tribrid DVR...If not auto-reboot as Q mentioned, it could be a power problem or bad input device. The DVR is getting some signal it doesnt like..

Try shutting down, update to latest firmware, and unplugging any switches, UPS, or sensors you may have connected and reconnect.

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. Check: Setting->System->Auto maintain -> Auto reboot
2. If it is a protection reboot than:
  • 0x02: Log stuck. You should clear the log. Go to Information>Log and click Clear.
  • 0x03: Hard drive read-write slow: hard drive read-write speed has dropped significantly; hard drive capacity has seriously decreased. You should check in Settings>Storage>HDD Manage and look at the Status
  • 0x04: Abnormal recording: Over 3 minutes with no stream on the recording channel.Better check all of the camera connections and ensure they are powered correctly.
3. Check power supply of the HCVR, and the cameras.