Dahua NVR 4104 - reassigns camera addresses

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 4104, with 4 cameras. 3 of them are Wired to it and one it external.

One of them is a 4421, the other 3 are 4300cs.

The external (a 4300), and the 4421 (wired) seem to be fine, and keep their addresses.

But the other 2 4300C's (wired also) seem to get a new address when the 4104 has auto maintenance and reboot. No idea why. So each week I have to go in to smart pss, and I'll either have to go find the cameras with device search, or see that one of them is duplicated.

So today, I see that one of my cameras, on address 20.128 has been duplicated as channel 2 and 4.

Normally I can go into the wrong one (in this case 4) and set the ip address to the missing camera (in this case 20.130). But for some reason today that change is not sticking.

Has anyone else seen this, and anyone have a solution? I guess I could attach to the NVR and set all cameras to static IPs....

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
I would assign them static IPs and in maintenance you can disable auto reboot. Most of the time auto reboot is not required.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it took me a while, but I finally did the static ip addresses on each camera. One is stil external to the NVR...but this one has always been happy and never lost address.

Didn't turn off the auto reboot of the NVR. And again, the NVR list the cameras. Any other ideas apart from turn off reboot?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
delete all the cameras and re-add them one by one, might not hurt to reset NVR to factory defaults

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
delete all the cameras and re-add them one by one, might not hurt to reset NVR to factory defaults
I'd done all that in that process of of making them static (and normally have to do it to get the cameras back.

It seems to grab a couple of them and duplicate them.

What do I lose if I reset the nvr? ie what settings?