Dahua NVR 5216 Login Failed

antron_x

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I cannot login to Dahua NVR 5216 16P - 4KS2 web monitor page with Internet Explorer only when webplugin is installed. I get Login Failed! message, with both correct and incorrect passwords. I can log in without webplugin installed just fine, just without video. It works fine with video in Chrome with Eye Viewer plugin, but I prefer to use IE instead of Chrome, since the user interface in IE is a little different from the one in Eye Viewer. It was working fine in IE with video for about a day, then the errors started. I tried 3 different windows 7 computers, and the problem is the same in all of them. I tried turning off firewall, putting security on low, and no luck. It is very strange that it worked for a day, and then quit. Could this be deliberate "bricking" of web viewer by DAhua via webplugin phoning home and checking if this NVR is legit? I bought it from vendor HD-IPC on Amazon and it arrived from Asia.

Also, does anyone know a better way of remotely monitoring recordings and live camera feeds from this NVR versus the web interface? Is there a better more user friendly third party remote viewing and management software than Dahua's own webviewer? I can setup separate POE router to allow third party software to connect directly to the IP cams bypassing the NVR.

antron_x

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like rebooting the NVR fixed the issue. I can login now with IE. The reason I like remote control in IE is beacause it has full screen button, and Easy Viewer does not.