Dahua NVR Fails to Email

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For some reason my email alerts with screenshot attachment stopped coming from my Dahua NVR, model number, NVR5208-8P-4KS2E. The emails stopped coming on March 16th. I've looked into it rather thoroughly, and searched out any forum post on here or elsewhere I could find. I've followed the Dahua Gmail Wiki Page to a tee the best I could.

I have varied from the port and encryption type suggested in the Wiki to revert back to port 465 and the SSL Encryption which was working for me earlier (and that so many threads on here said was the only thing which would work). No matter which settings I choose, the test fails, and I do not see where google has registered the app password as being used.

Any ideas?

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hate to bump this thread, but am I the only one experiencing this problem? I found another site tonight when attempting to troubleshoot this, and the only thing I found that I hadn't done was to enable "IMAP". I did that, created a new app password, used it and found no difference. I'm really at a loss on this.

Here is a link to the site I used if anyone comes across this. Good Instructions.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IMAP and POP3 is part of receiving emails, not sending them. SMTP is part of sending emails.
NVRs/DVRs only send emails.

Aside from setting up a less secure apps password:

This is settings in my Dahua NVR:
Port 587 is encrypted SMTP.

1685965275239.png

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for that help. I have adjusted my settings to reflect yours exactly, and I'm still getting the same result. Could this issue be with my router? I'll try to inspect those settings now. This is very confusing to me.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Gmail will seemingly stop working, yet it is often times due to volume of emails being received/sent by the cam/nvr device(s).

Do you have another email account you can briefly use to test the abilities of the NVR hardware to successfully send email?

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gmail will seemingly stop working, yet it is often times due to volume of emails being received/sent by the cam/nvr device(s).

Do you have another email account you can briefly use to test the abilities of the NVR hardware to successfully send email?
Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I will try that later today, as I'm currently locked out of my NVR. Good times...

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried my other gmail account, and nothing changed. I'm just not sure I understand where I'm going wrong. I suppose it could be anything from the router to the nvr to the other stuff in between. Everything works well with the exception of the email notifications and it's infuriating.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I recently had that problem trying to setup Outlook on my new laptop. Probably cursed at it 20 times, spent wayy too long jacking with it,

Mrs Bigredfish comes by after a while and asks what im doing. I told her about the troubles, she asks "what password are you using"?

You can guess the rest of the story.