Dahua NVR : few cameras showing "Account has been locked"

abjarcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Ihave Dahua nvr-dh 4416-16p(4 NVRs) andmany dome cameras (DH-IPC-HDW-1220s) and DH-ipc-hfw1320rmp. We have givenseparate static IP addresses for all the cameras and NVRs.
Ihave added all the cameras to the NVRs. Few of the IP POE cameras are showing“account has been locked” .
ButI am able to login to the cameras from browser using the static ip addresses.We restarted cameras and NVRs but the issue is not resolved. Please help.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what login is the NVR using? if you changed passwords on camera you have to update them on NVR or it will hammer account until its locked down.

abjarcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I have updated the password in the NVR also. But may be after it was locked. I am now stuck with this. Restarted all the devices but didn't help.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
create a new user just for the NVR on the cameras (ie username: nvr) , then change the NVR to use that account AFTER its setup on the camera.

abjarcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Dahua NVR : few cameras showing "Account has been locked"

Hi guys, you are doing a great job.... everything is working fine nw. We created new user in the camera and added the same user in NVR. and then the account has been locked issue was resolved.
Thanks a lot for you help.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys, you are doing a great job.... everything is working fine nw. We created new user in the camera and added the same user in NVR. and then the account has been locked issue was resolved.
Thanks a lot for you help.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
create a new user just for the NVR on the cameras (ie username: nvr) , then change the NVR to use that account AFTER its setup on the camera.
I was testing out a Dahua camera hooked directly to my router via Internet Explorer, until my NVR arrives. I must have had a key stick on my keyboard during camera login, managed to lock the account. What do you do when that happens? Wait a certain period, or is there a way around the lockout?

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
wait or power cycle
Is there anyway to set the Dahua NVR 5216 so that it does not keep polling the cameras until it locks them up? I'm having a helluva time. I was using the cameras directly on the router. Hooked them up to the POE ports on the NVR, and it must have also changed the IP addresses to 10.1.1.65 & 67. Now that I'm trying to use them on the router again, the IP addresses are wrong, and cannot access them anymore thru Internet explorer. Do Dahua cameras have a circuit board reset to change them back to admin/admin?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no, and dont think so.

remove all the cameras from the NVR and add them back one at a time manually with correct login info

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
no, and dont think so.

remove all the cameras from the NVR and add them back one at a time manually with correct login info
Thanks..it worked. It came up on 37777 with video on channel 1, the same cam keeps also coming up on channel 2 on Port 1 as locked. Dang they make things complicated.

Reaction score
So I have a rather weird issue, I have my cameres showing up when I type the IP directly into my browser and login through there, however when I look at my monitor or try to login from my phone using the app, nothing shows, it says account has been locked. I did what some of you said where I made a new user name and its listed under each camera as well as my NVR, still nothing, however all the other user names are listed as well. Why is this and how can I get my cameras working to show on nvr as well as my phone app? I tried to call Dahua tech support and they were zero help cause I bought on amazon. What else can I do?

They all show up in the config tool and say account locked, at times it will be unlocked most times it locks up, so strange, IP is set as static and they all work and show up, just not on NVR or phone

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you changed the logins on the camera you have to manually add em to the NVR; it wont auto take em or else it'll try loging in w/default passwords.. manually specifiy IP and credentials and add the camera

ALBREGUE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I feel you know the Dahua cameras very well.
I just bought it 4.No configuration problem even if I took time.
I lost the password of the "
One of them, I can not write it.
I am helpless can you help me
thank you
Stéphane