Dahua NVR how to check login attempts

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I own a Dahua 4108-P-4KS2 NVR and I'm trying to find a way to check if there are any failed logins. I have forwarded a port to this NVR temporarily, to give somebody access for testing purposes. This creates a security risk and although I've used a strong password, I'd still want to keep an eye on any suspicious activity.
Sofar, I did not find this info. I assumed it would show up under Log -> Accounts, but I can only see the successful logins.

davw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
btw - how is this nvr. would you recommend it?
cheers

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It works as expected. 6 Cams connected, 4 local and 2 via WAN, recording 24/7 on a 6 TB WD Purple HDD without issues.
The first weeks I've changed a lot of settings, now I only check recordings/IVS events every couple of days through the app on my phone or tablet. So yes, I would recommend it.

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As i know, if someone tries to get access to the NVR from WAN, using web interface, this won't go to the log. Only such attempts from local menu will be logged.

You can do basic cybersecurity procedures:Best-practices - Dahua Technology
That will rise protection.

Last edited:

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The URL you mentioned says this:

13. Check the Log:

● If you suspect that someone has gained unauthorized access to your system, you can check the system log. The system log will show you which IP addresses were used to login to your system and what was accessed.

● Instructions: Nvr-interface-info-log - Dahua Technology

This obviously doesn't work, at least not on the 4108 4KS2.
I tried to login a couple of times through WAN (4G) with a wrong password, not a single entry gets in the log. If one designs a system like an NVR with so many log features, why leave out something as useful as this...