dahua NVR no motion detect on time line

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
today at 7am my nvr stopped giving me motion detect yellow hash mark on timeline for all cameras. I still get the email alerts from all cameras and all other functions are good. I have cameras set at full time record with full time motion detect. I deleted and reentered the motion detect parameters from my pc and thru configure tool and no change. I powered off and on the nvr and no change. I have smart pss on my desk top and also I have logged directly into the nvr via config tool and set the motion detect to default and than reentered the motion detect schedule and no change. I have the latest firmware installed given to me by Andy . any suggestions are appreciated .

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried logging into the NVR and cameras directly through their web interface?
I wouldn’t use the config tool for anything other than initial setup, I don’t even use it for that.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes I logged directly into cameras and nvr thru web interface

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you recording full time plus MD? Can you playback via SmartPSS and see the event in the full timeline?

I don’t use plain MD for most anything anymore as IVS is far better. It can be something as simple as the lighting at sunrise as contrast of pixels is what trips it.

Can you show us your “default” MD settings on the camera interface?

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes I am recording full time plus MD I can play back smart PSS and see the event in the full time line. will screen shot MD settings shortly

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bigger fish thank you very much for your guidance. I implemented your suggestions and everything is working perfectly. There was definitely a conflict when trying to use nvr,camera, and smart pss to set scheduling.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Cool, glad it worked out!

Also sometimes the browser you use makes a difference. IE or Pale Moon work best.