Dahua NVR port 1 does not work, Network or PoE issue

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I have an Empire NVR5216-16P-4KS2E NVR and I cannot get a new Dahua camera to work on port 1. I had an Annke system and had trouble with my #1 Annke camera on the new Dahua NVR and had to connect a PoE switch in place to get video from the Annke camera to the Dahua NVR. I have a few IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI and they all work fine except for in NVR port 1.

I have reset the NVR, more than once, and disconnected it from my internet. If I move camera 1 to another NVR port the camera displays video. I had no issues with my Annke NVR getting video from the Annke camera on the same Ethernet run. I want to say there is an issue with the Dahua NVR PoE on port 1 but not sure how to diagnose that.

What am I missing?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I have an Empire NVR5216-16P-4KS2E NVR and I cannot get a new Dahua camera to work on port 1. I had an Annke system and had trouble with my #1 Annke camera on the new Dahua NVR and had to connect a PoE switch in place to get video from the Annke camera to the Dahua NVR. I have a few IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI and they all work fine except for in NVR port 1.

I have reset the NVR, more than once, and disconnected it from my internet. If I move camera 1 to another NVR port the camera displays video. I had no issues with my Annke NVR getting video from the Annke camera on the same Ethernet run. I want to say there is an issue with the Dahua NVR PoE on port 1 but not sure how to diagnose that.

What am I missing?
Do as Andy says, Try a different cam with a different cable, check to see if your cam is powering up, see if the IR lights can be triggered, if not then the port is most likely dead.