Dahua NVR Question

jg159357

n3wb
Reaction score
With @EMPIRETECANDY 's sale coming up, I'm finally going to add a central NVR to my setup. My problem is knowing which is the latest/best version though to support the AI and other features. I suspect it's the NVR52xx-xx-EI ones, the -El being the important bit. But is the NVR54XX-4kS2 worse or better? The 4KS2 is priced higher, and the 32 channel versions supports 4HDD instead of just 2 on the -EL.

Thanks
JG

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
With @EMPIRETECANDY 's sale coming up, I'm finally going to add a central NVR to my setup. My problem is knowing which is the latest/best version though to support the AI and other features. I suspect it's the NVR52xx-xx-EI ones, the -El being the important bit. But is the NVR54XX-4kS2 worse or better? The 4KS2 is priced higher, and the 32 channel versions supports 4HDD instead of just 2 on the -EL.

Thanks
JG
I'd say that if you already own cameras without AI capabilities, the AI NVR would be a better to choice to add AI functions without replacing cameras.

If you're like @bigredfish and already own newer cam with the AI functions you're looking for, go with an NVR without AI.

inpetrov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had exactly the same question, what is the benefit of the new EI models. I currently have DHI-NVR5216-16P-4KS2E with 15x cameras connected to it, and was wondering if is worth "upgrading" to DHI-NVR5216-EI. Mainly to benefit from faster processor. @bigredfish wonder what is your take as you are using some pretty high resolution cameras

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
ALMOST Same incoming bandwidth, (320MB vs 384MB) same PoE switch output, same capabilities. Its really purely a matter of on-board AI and how important that is to you

Om sticking with my NVR5216-16P-4KS2E (well 2 or 3 of them)

inpetrov

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I really wish there is more info about the processor. I don't care about the POE, as I am using POE switch to power all of my devices, I wish Dahua made something 1U or 2U rank mounting unit. The only one I can see is the 24port, which I can't get the details if the processor used is the same as the DHI-NVR5216-16P-4KS2E

Sanj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi could someone tell me if the EI versions support recording in 4k. the specs seem to only mention 1080p