Dahua NVR Sensitivity and Threshold settings

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have to admit that I found these settings quite unsettling. Specifically, the “Sensitivity” and the “Threshold”settings found on the “Motion Detect” tab. After putzing with the camera for awhile, I noticed that the graph under the settings sliders was acting like a storage oscilloscope. Motion that the camera was picking up, and the intensity of the motion, was being recorded with vertical green spikes. I could vary the height of the green spikes by varying the intensity settings. I walked outside, and walked in front of the camera. I again looked at the graph, and saw exactly where I needed to lower the threshold. The threshold is depicted with a bar. Any green spikes that plotted above the bar caused the camera to issue an event. Easy peasy, Japanesey. Or shouldI say Chinesey.

Last edited by a moderator:

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have to admit that I found these settings quite unsettling. Specifically, the “Sensitivity” and the “Threshold”settings found on the “Motion Detect” tab. After putzing with the camera for awhile, I noticed that the graph under the settings sliders was acting like a storage oscilloscope. Motion that the camera was picking up, and the intensity of the motion, was being recorded with vertical green spikes. I could vary the height of the green spikes by varying the intensity settings. I walked outside, and walked in front of the camera. I again looked at the graph, and saw exactly where I needed to lower the threshold. The threshold is depicted with a bar. Any green spikes that plotted above the bar caused the camera to issue an event. Easy peasy, Japanesey. Or shouldI say Chinesey.
Where did you find the green spikes? Did this correspond into changing the slider on the setting page?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk