Dahua NVR w/ LPR Cameras

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My team recently installed LPR cameras - I have the NVR online - I'm wondering if I can set up the LPR cameras remotely through smart PSS? or if I have to be on site on the network to program? Please let me know. (for some reason - I can access cameras on DMSS - but I cannot connect to them on smart PSS at this moment)

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What NVR are you running?
Most NVRs with ANPR settings cannot change every single parameter of an ANPR camera.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on a NVR5x-I series, and I don't have any options to setup an ITC camera from the NVR's web interface.

You are probably going to need to be on the same network as the NVR and go through the NVR to the camera's interface.
I don't think Dahua's own P2P used for remote access allows this.
1682381577486.png

if you use a VPN to connect to the site it could be done remotely.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm on a NVR5x-I series, and I don't have any options to setup an ITC camera from the NVR's web interface.

You are probably going to need to be on the same network as the NVR and go through the NVR to the camera's interface.
I don't think Dahua's own P2P used for remote access allows this.
View attachment 160995

if you use a VPN to connect to the site it could be done remotely.
yeah that’s exactly what I have aS well - guess I’m driving to the site!

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Mark_M now that I have this LPR set up correctly - can I access the license plate data in Smart PSS? because I cannot figure out how to access it.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Mark_M now that I have this LPR set up correctly - can I access the license plate data in Smart PSS? because I cannot figure out how to access it.
I do not have an ANPR camera to know exactly.
My guess is that Smart PSS does not have ANPR because DSS is Dahua's professional application.

However, maybe you can search through plates in vehicle detection search (AI -> Smart Search -> Vehicle detection). This likely means you need to set the ANPR camera to have 'video structurisaion' enabled.
1686275932513.png
1686275969795.png