Dahua NVR -- where to set pre-recording seconds for IVS rule

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Remind me on a Dahua NVR, where you go to set the # seconds it should pre-record for a camera's IVS rule?

For example, if my IVS rule is triggered, I want the camera to record the 15 seconds BEFORE the event happened as well, so in my DMSS app I can easily see what led up to the IVS event trigger...

(hopefully that make sense -- I assumed this is on the NVR, not the individual cameras)

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I might have answered my own question... Is it here? for each channel I need to set it to 15?

1641872250191.png

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@JesseSR he found the right place to make the setting.
Tried that settings and it does not effect playback start time for IVS events on the timeline. When checking IVS events how do you do start them xx seconds prior to the event? Typically when viewing IVS events I only select these so it is easy to jump from one event to the next. However, if you need to see what happened 5 seconds before the event triggered you have to re enable the General (all video) and then manually get there by selecting on the timeline just before the event triggered.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This has baffled me as well!
I think if you have both constant and IVS recording. The pre-record doesn't work.
If you have just IVS recording then it does pre-record for your desired time length.
Could be wrong?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I think if you have both constant and IVS recording. The pre-record doesn't work.
If you have just IVS recording then it does pre-record for your desired time length.
This is my experience too. I was very disappointed when when realizing this reality. It was really bad a few years ago when there were dropped frames on an IVS trigger and whatever caused the event was often totally lost. At least that part has gotten better and you can see what causes the event, just more work than it should be.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This has baffled me as well!
Could be wrong?
@EMPIRETECANDY -- can this be fixed with a firmware update? I have a DHI-NVR6A08-32-4KS2 NVR.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I will ask them to review, this have to make a special project, add this kind of function to a baseline fw need budget

André B

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone solve this issue? Doesn't seem to matter if you have a 5 or 30 second pre-trigger. The clip will start in the middle of the trigger no matter what I do.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did anyone solve this issue? Doesn't seem to matter if you have a 5 or 30 second pre-trigger. The clip will start in the middle of the trigger no matter what I do.
because you record constant + ivs
if you record both, then pre-record will have no effect

all dahua nvr have this "feature"