Dahua NVR3108-4k email alerts

Bobses

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Gmail stopped running the insecure apps. So, I configured Yahoo SMTP for sending emails. Unfortunately, Yahoo marked my account as a spam sender - that is because the NVR sends 3 emails for each event and I have 5 cameras. Right now, I don't receive any email alerts.
Is there any possibility to change the number of emails send for each alert? Or is there an alternative for Gmail and Yahoo SMTP servers?

NVR3108-4k, system version V3.216.1020001.0 - I've not found an upgrade for my system.

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How about just going back to gmail and follow the instructions on one of the many emails like yours that comes up every week here...

Turn on 2 factor authorization
Create an app password
use that app password in the NVR

Just a few found in 20 seconds typing GMAIL in the title in the search function LOL :lmao:

Gmail Shuts Down 3rd Party Apps
It appears today google is enforcing their new rule of not allowing 3rd party (IP video cameras) to send email through their servers. Anyone found another service or solution? Myself and a few others were using the Event action in an Axis camera to send a snapshot to gmail of triggered events.

Dahua NVR - Email setup with Gmail and the changes to less secure apps coming up on 5/30/22...
GMail is making a major change to their email security settings on 5/30/22, that might break allowing emails from Dahua devices when sending through GMail as things were previously configured, but I found this link earlier today on the Dahua Wiki which was actually just put up within the last 48...

5.5.7.3 / Gmail Oauth in general
Prior to the 5.5.7 release I was using gmail with relaxed restrictions to send notifications to e-mail/cell. After upgrading to the new release that supports Gmail OAUTH I attempted to switch my alerts to OAUTH and I receive the following error when using Gmail OAUTH to send to an SMS...

Network Cameras no longer to have access to Google Mail (GMAIL)
I wonder if anyone else has noted this announcement from Google : Less secure apps & your Google Account - Google Account Help This means that f you have your Hikvision camera (it might affect other manufacturers too) to send alert...

5.5.7 - May 12, 2022 Gmail’s OAuth2 authentication
5.5.7 - May 12, 2022 Support for Gmail’s OAuth2 authentication. Gmail will be discontinuing the support for “app passwords” and “less secure apps” at the end of this month. Visit the Settings/Email page to complete OAuth2 authentication if you are using Gmail for alerts. A new screen capture...

Using Gmail with Blue Iris. Posted by BI Tech support.
I spotted this on Youtube and thought that it might be helpful.

Looks like using GMAIL to send alert images may stop working on 30-May-2022....
Just noticed this email on the gmail account that I use to send alert images.......

GMAIL to no longer allow less secure apps
This might affect many folks here that use GMAIL in their NVR or Blue Iris for notifications. Less secure apps & your Google Account To help keep your account secure, starting May 30, 2022, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your...

Bobses

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, you are right - I've tried to use a secondary Gmail account without 2FA enabled. :) Stupid me! I haven't checked this setting - I was sure that 2FA is enabled because all my accounts have 2FA enabled.
After 2FA was enabled, I was able to set up a new app and everything works like a charm.

Thanks!

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This only works for me if I set the port to 465 and TLS. Same for both Dahua and Hikvision.

Last edited:

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had troubles, and I followed the steps outlined in this thread to solve my initial problem. That worked for several months before I stopped receiving emails again.

I was unable to login to my NVR at all and upon putting a monitor on the actual NVR, I saw that the unit reset to the default setting for its IP address which causes problems for me. I set it to what I had it at previously, and that hasn't seemed to help.

Does anyone have ideas for me? I'm not very good at all of this, but I seem to get it in the end. I've tried for hours with different settings and also reading a ton on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: I followed the instructions on the following page, and I also tried combinations of the encryption type and port with no affect on performance.