Dahua NVR4116 - 16 Channel Smart 1U Lite NVR

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this Dahua NVR? I'm basically wanting to use it as a backup to my BI system (yes , overkill) but for the price figure its a good set and forget option. The other one I was considering was a HikVision DS-7616 (model ms-8816ni-e1) which has similar specs.

Dahua 4116:
>Up to 4/8/16 channel IP camera input
>H.264/MJPEG dual codec decoding
>Max 80Mbps incoming bandwidth
>Up to 5Mp resolution preview&playback
>HDMI/VGA simultaneous video output
>All channel synchronous realtime playback, GRID interface
>Support Multi-brand network cameras: Dahua, Arecont Vision, AXIS, Bosch, Brickcom, Canon, CP Plus, Dynacolor, Honeywell, Panasonic, Pelco, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony, Videotec, Vivotek and etc.
>ONVIF Version 2.4 conformance
>3D intelligent positioning with Dahua PTZ camera
>Support 1 SATA HDD up to 4TB, 2 USB2.0
>Multiple network monitoring: Web viewer, CMS(DSS/PSS) & DMSS

Reaction score
Got one with 16 POE channels, and am using it with Sony cameras. If you're interested in utilizing motion detection, it seems that only works with the Dahua cameras. I've got my Sony cameras set up as ONVIF compatible. Also, research "login return time is up". This came up on adding my 15th camera, and I haven't figured it out yet. One last small point, it seems more noisy than some I've heard. Maybe that's limited to this model. On the positive side, it's worked perfectly for a year and a half now 24/7 with 12 cameras that I originally had installed pretty much as I expected, and I have the ability to view it when I'm away, and that's primarily why I bought it.