Dahua NVR5216 with DS-2CD2542FWD-IS keep changing its Timezone

mm4games

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased a DS-2CD2542FWD-IS and use it with Dahua NVR5216 and found that its Timezone is keep changing. I solved this issue by adding a user in the CAM that had limited rights to update its parameter, and after that cross my finger it have not change for half a day with a reboot already. Hope its a solution that fixes it.

Is this a known issue? Is there any other known issue I may needed to aware?

yes, I know mixing equipment brand may have some bad affect, but Dahua does not have this kind of mini dome that fit on to my front door.

This timezone changing (before I fix it) issue happen anytime, may be the anytime meant when I playing with my NVR setups, and it also change when it reboot. So my guess is, NVR is updating something to the CAM that causing it to change back to default timezone and that happen to be GMT+8 Beijing time zone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, Dahua has several mini domes of that size...including a starlight camera..

mm4games

n3wb
Reaction score
I realized that, a house in NYC that has an arched door with stones around it, I can only set the camera on the trim that limited the space:( for the camera. Sadly, both diameter and height become my critical parameters IPC-HDBW4231F-AS just a bit more than half an inch that does not fit:-( on it.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same problem for a while. I think one day i finally changed whatever i needed to make it work, but I'm not 100% sure what it was.

I believe it had something to do with the settings in the NVR.

I had to make sure that the NTP option is selected and working with my ntp server. Then make sure the actual time zone is correct, even though the little check box is on the ntp server option and not the manual time set option... That needs to be your actual time zone.

Then for the cameras, set them up to use the ntp server as well, and make sure the nvr setting for updating the cameras time is not selected. Let the camera's get their own time.