Dahua NVR5232-16P-4KS2E resets after reboot and does not work with smartpss

kamervecs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Having problems with Dahua NVR5232-16P-4KS2E with 19 cameras (3 of which are via smaller nvr on same network). About 6months ago I started to get calls from client that surveillance does not work, when inspecting I found out that NVR does not work after electricity loss and is asking to enter admin password, recovery email and pattern again like I was setting it up as new. When I enter passwords and email, all works again - all original camera and record settings were retained and all works.

Recently I found out that when I add this nvr to smartpss (both on lan or via cloud s/n) it does not show any channels in live view (missing the triangle that expands camera list), when I choose Channel Display -> Show All channels - channels are shown with correct names, but when I add them to live view it give me error "Failed to open video". Its not a Smartpss setting, because the smaller NVR with 3 cameras on same lan can be added ok and live view works fine.

When I try to change Device CFG-> Settings cog at NVR - can't change any of the settings. I can log in via IP and there everything works fine. Smartpss auto search or cloud adding finds it immediately when adding and reads model correctly, shows green dot "Online".

I have tried to find logs on server and on smartpss, but there is nothing there, I am at a loss on how to troubleshoot. I just updated to latest firmware, but problem persists.

Imou un Gdmss work fine.

Please help