Dahua NVR5432-4KS2 vs NVR608-32-4KS2 - what's the diff?

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm helping a friend upgrade their system at their restaurant and get into some IP cameras. Right now they have an old Hikvision DVR but they will need an NVR for the IP cameras.

He prefers hardware units, so BI, SmartPSS, Milestone, etc. not what we're looking at.

I'm trying to steer him towards some Dahua cameras so we're looking at Dahua NVRs. Two in his price range are the NVR5432-4KS2 and the NVR608-32-4KS2.

Not really sure what the difference is, they look pretty similar. Can anyone tell me if there's any practical reason I shouldn't tell him to get whichever one is cheaper?

Anyone used / own either of these, or similar, want to help me out?

Thanks

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are different
320 Mbps vs 384
The 5000 series incorporates AI the 6000 doesnt specify it
The 5000 series has built-in 16 PoE ports, none on the 6000

likley others...read up

NVR608-32-4KS2

Cool, thanks. Yeah I went through some datasheets I found. There's a model of the 5432-16p-4ks2 that has POE and one that doesn't (no '16p) - we were looking at the one without it. Other than that, they look very similar.

I wonder why the less expensive 5432 model would have AI if the more expensive NVR608 one didn't (?) ... ohhh, I wonder if the NVR6A08-32-4KS2 is the AI model and the NVR608 is a non-AI model. The NVR6A08 is like twice as expensive...

I think that helps a lot, thanks for chiming in

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
They do have a lot of models and it can be confusing. Probably the biggest things to look for are

PoE vs non
Incoming bandwidth
AI features

Good luck

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They do have a lot of models and it can be confusing. Probably the biggest things to look for are

PoE vs non
Incoming bandwidth
AI features

Good luck
Thanks! Yeah we'll be getting one without a switch and buy those separately. Was going to place a couple POE switches around the property since it's a big place, then we won't have to run a cable for every camera all the way back to the NVR.