Dahua or Hikvision Turret IP Cameras?

paaji

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I purchased Laview pack with 6 poe cameras. I need to add additional Turret style cameras. Which brand should I buy Duhua and Hikvision? I don't need 4mp or 2 or 3mp should be fine. Laview is ONVIF compatible, I need to know which works better? Any recommendations. I checked the local CCTV store he has two type one is HIKVISION and other one OEM HIKVISION, he mentioned both works same and quality wise but price difference is quite high over $100 between OEM and HIKVISION.
I searched Dauha one they are cheaper than HIKVISION, just wondering If I should go with Dahua with type or NVR

Thanks

LaView LV-KN988P86A4 Premium IP Surveillance System 8 Channel NVR + 6 x Full HD 1080P Day/Night In/Outdoor Cameras (No HDD Included)-Newegg.com

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi
I purchased Laview pack with 6 poe cameras. I need to add additional Turret style cameras. Which brand should I buy Duhua and Hikvision? I don't need 4mp or 2 or 3mp should be fine. Laview is ONVIF compatible, I need to know which works better? Any recommendations. I checked the local CCTV store he has two type one is HIKVISION and other one OEM HIKVISION, he mentioned both works same and quality wise but price difference is quite high over $100 between OEM and HIKVISION.
I searched Dauha one they are cheaper than HIKVISION, just wondering If I should go with Dahua with type or NVR

Thanks

LaView LV-KN988P86A4 Premium IP Surveillance System 8 Channel NVR + 6 x Full HD 1080P Day/Night In/Outdoor Cameras (No HDD Included)-Newegg.com
Since you say your NVR is ONVIF compliant you can purchase either Dahua or HIK, since you have someone selling HIK locally you might just want to pick them up. You should be fine with savings $$ and getting the private label HIK. Be aware that if you need these cameras for any "extras" that the NVR has like analytics, motion, etc they may not work unless you get the LaView Cameras. If the NVR only detects the HIK cameras as an ONVIF stream/connection you will basically be getting video record only and nothing else. In most cases this is prob. fine, but if not you may want to consider the link Looney posted and get matched hardware.