Dahua playback question: can the cam play back from NAS?

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
01-18-2020@11_04_47.jpg

I'm experimenting with a setup for someone, and I have this camera set up to record to a Synology NAS, which it's doing fine. But the camera's Playback page has a dropdown box for Data Source, and I'm not seeing a way to get it to play back from the NAS it's recording to. The only entry on that dropdown list is SD Card. Anyone know if I'm just missing something, can it play back from the NAS storage?

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bump for this topic. It seems logical that if there is a dropdown box for the playback source, there'd be multiple options to choose from, and these cams can record to SD card, FTP, or NAS, soooo.... ? If it can record to NAS, how is one supposed to play back those recordings? Halp!

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the NAS capable of playback/streaming? What brand, make & model is it.

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This one's a Synology DS120j: DS120j | Synology Inc.

Site X would have six cams, the NAS and a WiFi router, and the landlord would ideally be able to park within WiFi range and check footage to see who's been creating that mess by the dumpster, etc. My objective was to set up Dahua SmartPSS with all the cameras for Site X, and have SmartPSS access the NAS footage to replay on demand.

It appears SmartPSS is expecting the footage to be on microSD cards on each camera, and if they've been recording to NAS, it will claim no recordings are available. Ditto for the individual cams themselves; they're not aware of their own recordings if recorded to NAS or FTP.

I'll mention that Bosch has spoiled me with their brilliant NAS recording/playback.

Last edited:

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
because Dahua sucks and only SD card is supported for local playback. Dahua camera standalone features are so bad compared to Hikvision

DReffects

n3wb
Reaction score
Having the same issues. Is it at least possible to playback recordings via the android app, if they are stored on FTP or NAS?

Recording to SD Card was my preferred option, but it slows the camera down to a point it does not respond for minutes...