Dahua POE Camera Install

Mrrr0809

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve ordered supplies off of Andy and am currently mapping everything out. CAT5e wires are already ran. I have two areas (approximately 80ft in length) where a single CAT wire is ran, but I would like to connect two cameras to each wire. All are going to a PoE capable NVR. He had me order a PFT1200 (midspan) and a PFT1300 (extender) to do so. Do I need a mid span? I’m not familiar with these. Where in the circuit do they go? I didn’t realize they require additional power, so I’ll have to install additional outlets to accommodate them if they’re used.

Mrrr0809

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m certainly going to try, but I don’t think it’s possible. How much added complexity is it to go the injector/midspan route? Does that complicate programming on the NVR as well?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve ordered supplies off of Andy and am currently mapping everything out. CAT5e wires are already ran. I have two areas (approximately 80ft in length) where a single CAT wire is ran, but I would like to connect two cameras to each wire. All are going to a PoE capable NVR. He had me order a PFT1200 (midspan) and a PFT1300 (extender) to do so. Do I need a mid span? I’m not familiar with these. Where in the circuit do they go? I didn’t realize they require additional power, so I’ll have to install additional outlets to accommodate them if they’re used.

check this out

WimNL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited: