Dahua POE Setup- assistance

Muzi

n3wb
Reaction score
Decided on a DIY project and got myself an entry level Dahua setup. Been struggling with a few elements and hope for some advice.

• NVR4116HS-8P-4KS2 – 16 channel NVR with 8 poe
  • 4 x IPC-HFW1220SP– 2mp Bullet
  • 2 x IPC-HFW1420S – 4 mp Bullets
  • 2 x HFW2421RP-VFS – 4mp motorized Bullet
  • 8 Port POE switch – Tenda TEF1210P smart switch
  • Dlink 2750u router

4 cameras are connected directly to the NVR POE, 30m lengths cat 5, and the other 4 cameras laid through the POE switch using one cat 5, 90m from the NVR. Made the mistake of testing all the cameras through the NVR POE prior to setup, and also changed the input ports regularly, which I have since read that I should not have done, as it could have created IP Conflicts.

My Network is on the range 192.168.1.x. The NVR allocates the cameras on 10.1.1.x

2 issue currently. Firstly, for the 4 cameras connected to the NVR POE, 2 of them loose connection every now and then. Have tried both DHCP as well as static using the config tool.

Secondly, cannot seem to get the 4 cameras on the separate POE switch to pick up on the NVR or router, even if i use a different cable for testing. I have also connected a LAN cable (to pc) into the POE ports of the switch, NVR and the Router to try and use the config tool to check and/or change the IP of these 4 cameras. Does not pick up at all

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Suggest getting a known good cable and testing all cameras to be certain the cameras work well.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On a Swann NVR with POE, it creates a separate ip range for the cameras, say the nvr is on 192 then the poe gives out 172

so having them on your lan going into the poe, they will not have the 172 range that the poe 'switch' in the nvr manages

it could be that, so maybe make one of them a 10.1.1.n with static and see if the nvr sees it?

i'm guesssing no as i think the routing is done inside the nvr from nic to switch