Dahua "Polar Light" PTZ new generation sensors?

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking for a new Generation PTZ camera. The EmpireTech "Chinese New Year" thread had some early reports of dual-sensor Dahua PTZ that looked promising at what I think was a ~$2K (USD) price point.

With lockdowns and all sorts of supply chain problems, I'm sure things are really getting delayed and pushed back in terms of delivery.

The Dahua "Polar Light" series seems to be their new generation of low lux 'nighttime' cameras. I am looking for something of at least 1/1.2" 4K/8M camera quality with a ~45X zoom. I have an initial preference for a single camera but, I can see the merit of a wide-angle "area overview" camera with a more focused high definition Point Of Interest camera. Auto tracking people and vehicles on my property is the goal with general area surveillance being a secondary goal. Is this a reasonable expectation with a PTZ budget of ~$2K (USD)?

For those of you with PTZ experience, am I on the right track with reasonable expectations? What am I overlooking?

TIA,
Sid

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know I'm bumping your old thread, but your title is what I would have called this post and is somewhat related to your question.

I wonder about the 4k model that is coming out later this year being "full color" unlike the dual sensor one you've linked. If full color is not a requirement, then the 4k is interesting. Also the previous 4/3" sensor model was also "Polar Light" based on my research. Thus I belive Polar Light does not mean full color, but more light sensitivity ratings.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know I'm bumping your old thread, but your title is what I would have called this post and is somewhat related to your question.

I wonder about the 4k model that is coming out later this year being "full color" unlike the dual sensor one you've linked. If full color is not a requirement, then the 4k is interesting. Also the previous 4/3" sensor model was also "Polar Light" based on my research. Thus I belive Polar Light does not mean full color, but more light sensitivity ratings.
Polar Light is simply a pure marketing ploy. Means nothing.