Dahua Pro 42212TNI goes offline and back on frequently

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use SmartPSS on a dedicated PC to monitor my 5 cameras. My 42212TNI is going briefly offline and back on throughout the day. SmartPSS shows "device offline" then "failed to open video" then the feed comes right back. It had one of the older cat5e cables in my install, so I thought that was the issue and replaced it with a new run. Same problem, so it wasn't the cable. I switched ports, no luck. This happens about every 15-20 minutes and I am out of ideas on what to look at. I haven't climbed up to do a hard reset and that is about the only thing left. Ideas appreciated.

edit: Since posting this, I reviewed playback of the camera and noticed that there were no video dropouts in the recorded feed. So, I am now guessing that this indicates a problem in the live feed to SmartPSS and not an actual loss of signal to the camera. That's much less bothersome but still curious since it is only this one camera out of 5 being viewed.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you make the cable or is it store bought?
Is the cable Pure Copper solid, and not stranded or Copper Covered Aluminum?
Did you wire it to 568b standard?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I use SmartPSS on a dedicated PC to monitor my 5 cameras. My 42212TNI is going briefly offline and back on throughout the day. SmartPSS shows "device offline" then "failed to open video" then the feed comes right back. It had one of the older cat5e cables in my install, so I thought that was the issue and replaced it with a new run. Same problem, so it wasn't the cable. I switched ports, no luck. This happens about every 15-20 minutes and I am out of ideas on what to look at. I haven't climbed up to do a hard reset and that is about the only thing left. Ideas appreciated.

edit: Since posting this, I reviewed playback of the camera and noticed that there were no video dropouts in the recorded feed. So, I am now guessing that this indicates a problem in the live feed to SmartPSS and not an actual loss of signal to the camera. That's much less bothersome but still curious since it is only this one camera out of 5 being viewed.
Thats my take. I also use SmartPSS for monitoring and playback/download and see that happen now and again. Curious its the same camera though. You are using substream except for occasionally on a single camera for limited time yes?

Would it happen to be using more bandwidth? 4MP vs 2, FPS, main stream vs substream..etc..?

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cables use were/are commercially made, good quality ethernet cables and since the issue remains despite changing cables, I eliminated the cable as the problem. As for SmartPSS, I have been using the main stream on all camera, not substream. This has not been an issue in the past, or even now unless that's the cause of this 1 camera dropping out briefly. I built a dedicated PC with excellent CPU and use a dedicated Nvidia graphics card for the video, not the onboard motherboard graphics. I never get stutters or "limited resources" messages. The cpu load never goes above about 25-30% and ram is about 15%. I really don't think this is a resources issue, just one of those gremlins in 1 camera that is difficult to pin down. It is not using high bandwidth, esp considering my 180° camera uses 4X2mp and it never falters. Total bandwidth on the NVR is way below max (about 25mbps out of 350 available). I may switch the feed to sub though just as a test, based on your input.

Last edited: