Dahua PTZ issues....

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Dahua DH-SD59430U-HNI PTZ this is a great camera but one problem that has persisted since I got it almost 6 mo ago is that the PTZ interface in BI is extremely poor. It takes numerous attempts with the arrows to get the camera to move at all and when it finally does its very inconsistant....I have checked all connection and have even swapped out a Panasonic WV-SC385 on the same connection and the Panasonic has no problems at all...I have done everything that I can think of any help is appreciated....TKS

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Dahua DH-SD59430U-HNI PTZ this is a great camera but one problem that has persisted since I got it almost 6 mo ago is that the PTZ interface in BI is extremely poor. It takes numerous attempts with the arrows to get the camera to move at all and when it finally does its very inconsistant....I have checked all connection and have even swapped out a Panasonic WV-SC385 on the same connection and the Panasonic has no problems at all...I have done everything that I can think of any help is appreciated....TKS
what settings are you using?

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With Smart PSS as well ast he camera UI no problems....Fenderman what "settings" are you referring to exactly? Camera or BI?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What speed are you using for the movement on the ptz?

I have it set to 5 on both the camera UI, and ptz settings in BI and have no problems at all.

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My PTZ Speed is set to high....BI is also set to 5......It definitely seems like a communication issue as there is a serious lag in button press and actual camera movement....see attached for software ver and PTZ ver...tks

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My PTZ Speed is set to high....BI is also set to 5......It definitely seems like a communication issue as there is a serious lag in button press and actual camera movement....see attached for software ver and PTZ ver...tks
I run ptz speed on medium, might help

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using the ONVIF profile for PTZ.....have tried all the Dahau and none seem to work? Also I purchased 2 of these cameras and the other is on a completely different system/location/network and it also has the same problem....one thing I just noticed with PSS open/viewing if I use the arrows in BI the camera moves immediately in PSS but in BI there is a serious delay or it doesn't do anything at allI?

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Using the ONVIF profile for PTZ.....have tried all the Dahau and none seem to work? Also I purchased 2 of these cameras and the other is on a completely different system/location/network and it also has the same problem....one thing I just noticed with PSS open/viewing if I use the arrows in BI the camera moves immediately in PSS but in BI there is a serious delay or it doesn't do anything at allI?
Have you tried this on different computers with the bi web page

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, same thing using UI2 sometimes PTZ control is immediate and sometimes delayed and sometimes not at all.....Im pretty sure It has something to do with the com protocol in BI because when using PSS or the camera UI no problems at all...and as stated above this also occurs on a completely different system/site running BI......Are you using this EXACT camera in BI? if so any problems? what setting are you using? and what is your software/firmware/ptz in the camera?...tks

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
With the BI app on my phone I get no lag, in the web interface I get a very slight lag, not enough to matter really. I am running a SD59225U-HNI.

Firmware:
Software Version2.420.0000.9.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-07-12
WEB Version3.2.1.360570
ONVIF Version2.42
PTZ Version3.00.48.RHNT

Bi settings:
Selection_002.png
Selection_003.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Be sure you have the latest BI version.

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tks .... it seems your PTZ ver is either newer of different than the one IM using. The delay seems even across all platforms...as I have been for the last 6mo Im still at a loss....tks

jeet

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a purchased a Dahua IPC-HFW5830-E and tried PTZ but doesn't works at all. Using the ONVIF profile for PTZ, have tried all the Dahau and none seem to work.
Please can anyone help.

Thanks,
Jeet

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a purchased a Dahua IPC-HFW5830-E and tried PTZ but doesn't works at all. Using the ONVIF profile for PTZ, have tried all the Dahau and none seem to work.
Please can anyone help.

Thanks,
Jeet
Did you use the Find/inspect when configuring the cam in BI ?

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried to use PTZ with PSS or CAmera UI?

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just checked with Andy @ KingSecurity said this is the latest firmware/PTZ for the camera....this camera is running off a POE+ switch, but gonna pull it down and try it with the PS that came with to see if it makes difference....