Dahua PTZ presets in Milestone XProtect Smart Client

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Currently controlling a Dahua SD49225T-HN in Milestone XProtect Smart Client 2017 R2 (latest free version) and all works fine except for presets, I have imported them from the camera in XProtect Management Client 2017 R2 but none will activate. Unsure if these simply will not work in this version or if I am missing something. Appreciate thoughts on this, shall likely upgrade to paid Milestone version in due course but would like to know if this Dahua camera's presets will work from Milestone before committing to another. :)

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My Dahua 6AE240VNI, running as a ONVIF Conformant Device in Milestone XProtect Expert 2017 R2, has the same issue. Milestone imports presets from camera, but in Smart Client it fails to 'activate' / 'go to' these presets. And Milestone won't support because the camera is not on their supported device list.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My Dahua 6AE240VNI, running as a ONVIF Conformant Device in Milestone XProtect Expert 2017 R2, has the same issue. Milestone imports presets from camera, but in Smart Client it fails to 'activate' / 'go to' these presets. And Milestone won't support because the camera is not on their supported device list.
Thanks for responding, disappointing that Milestone don't support the two models mentioned, I might drop Dahua a line but it doesn't sound promising, interestingly quite a few of the 'higher end' Dahua PTZ's are on the Milestone supported list including the SD59225U-HNI, missing presets isn't a show stopper for me but it would be a nice feature to have in Milestone having used it in SmartPSS :(

DiPiTiDi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
dauha presets are available and can be activated using Onvif protocol.
First you have to create presets on your ptz camera, using the webpage (configurations/settings/functions), cause dahua presest are type2:

https://developer.milestonesys.com/s/article/Set-PTZ-Preset-Positions

Inside Milestone Management client, you need first to enable PTZ and set these value: go to recording server, choose your camera, then in hardware/properties/ptz
check "enable ptz", id device ptz=1, com port=1, PTZ protocol=relative. ( very inportant this one; if it's set on "nothing" or "absolute", presets won't activate)
after that, you can import presets from the camera, and you can activate those presets form the management client and from smartclient ( reload configuration first in smartclient )
hope this helps
DiPi

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at my old post here, something changed because it now works. I don't remember exactly what happened with this issue though.
Cam is 6AE240VNI, using v 2.640.0000000.2.R.n5... 2018-06-28.
Using setting similar to what Dipitidi says: Enable PTZ checked, ptz device id 1, com port COM1, ptz protocol Absolute. And within the camera subinterface of the unit, the Preset tab set to Use presets from Device, and Get button.