Known around here
Reaction score

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd probably pay $2000 for the camera and speed detector and another $2000 for the solar system. Specialty items like this, especially ones they sell primarily to governments, are simply going to be overpriced :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I get what you're saying, @fenderman and as a consumer, it gets pretty frustrating at times. What we need and what THEY want to sell can be miles apart.

Radar speed signs with a LED display have been around for 20 years. Heck I remember when I first got into traffic signal maintenance in '73 there was a version with big, mechanically-flipped number panels because LED technology wasn't up to the task yet with regard to size and brightness.

The whole assembly was either on a trailer for portability so it could be staked out at the speeding-area-of-the-month (the road with the most complaints to City Hall, etc,) or mounted on a metal pole at the road side. The former was more popular early-on because of the expense.

My point is this: we've seen the radar sign in some form for 30 years and really don't need another one. What we DO need is a decent POE doorbell. IMO, that's not asking too much from a company with more experience designing and manufacturing POE devices and IP cameras than they do radar speed signs.

Are you listening, Dahua...and Hikvision? :idk: