Dahua SD50225 IVS rules lost PTZ option

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua SD50225 (amongst others) and I noticed something very strange.

In the camera I have set up many IVS rules, some for intrusion, some on tripwires. Intrusion is used with autotracking, but the tripwires make the camera look in another direction.
In short, IVS rule 1, with a tripwire, makes the camera look to the left. All set, all working.

For the second time now, the camera stopped showing the PTZ options in the IVS rules. They are still there as the camera actions them, but I can't change them anymore.
It has happened before and as mysteriously as they disappeared in the UI, they came back. But this time it's like they are gone for ever.

I have rebooted, re-firmwared, restored, deleted but what ever I do, it is not visible in the UI anymore.

I can't use my NVR to set them, as the NVR uses it's own IVS with PTZ settings and the one in the camera are not synched with the PTZ settings in the NVR, hence, the camera tries to go to both PTZ positions.

Did anyone else experience such a thing? Any ideas on getting the PTZ settings back in the camera UI ?

IVSPTZ (2).png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer? The Dahua PTZs in particular seem to need Explorer to see all the functions. Not Chrome with the IE plug-in or any other, plain ole IE.

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer? The Dahua PTZs in particular seem to need Explorer to see all the functions. Not Chrome with the IE plug-in or any other, plain ole IE.
I used 3 different laptops with Chrome and Edge and even from an android tablet, it all was visible, now it's gone. I can check if I can find a laptop with IE still on it.
update: nope, IE doesn't see the option either.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange - maybe they will mysteriously come back again?

Do you swing from the fences and disconnect it from the NVR and factory reset it and then set it up not connected to NVR and then reconnect after it is set up?

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
That's something I didn't do, power down completely ! I'll try that first and set it up, not connected to the NVR.

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
That's something I didn't do, power down completely ! I'll try that first and set it up, not connected to the NVR.
I've powered down the camera completely, removing the PoE cable and waited about a minute. It came back up later and all the rules still work, but again, no option for PTZ in the IVS rules.
It's now connected again to the NVR.
:confused:

I have emailed Dahua Support. See if they have a clue.

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
Even powering down completely didn't work. In the .bin file, there's a file that shows the camera types this firmware os for, it shows some options that only TiOC camera's have, I think the firmware is wrong. That is not the first time...

I even have a reply from Dahua, they said to contact 'party x' as they bought these camera's for resale, that company pointed me to Amazon...
Running around in circles, and all I want to do is downgrade the firmware...

Last edited:

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
- SOLVED -
I couldn't give up, disapointed in the support from Dahua, I found an older firmware!
V2.812 couldn't downgrade to version V2.810. But, found V2.800 on my Onedrive and was able to downgrade the firmware.I think I stay away from further firmware updates.
The PTZ optioin is back and works like a charm. Faulty firmware package from the website...

1630851486568.png

:mad:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad it works. Fortunate good ending to what usually isn't the case.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Fortunate you had that older firmware!

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've the same camera recently installed more for looking at wildlife in our back garden. I'm currently on the latest firmware Stream3_812.0000007.0.R yet can switch back and forth to V2.800. 0000000.5.R.
Changing the firmware is always risky, often the process can be a bit flaky, with my FW upgrade of a Dahua mini-PTZ, I almost bricked it permanently but managed the recovery thanks to info on IPCT.

Sometimes if I have any doubts about the functioning of the workings of new firmware, and assuming I've got working web browser access, I repeat the upgrade process with the same firmware version.

When the latest firmware didn't work properly for you, did you repeat the upgrade process with the same latest software?

PS: with both firmwares on my web browser the lower half only shows briefly when I select IVS, I've not set any tripwires but if I start the process the lower part of the screen you have included a picture of also then appears on my PC. I think this is poor coding from Dahua including conditional elements in their script for the complete display of this IVS page.

Last edited:

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed the same behaviour, briefly shown some IVS items and then they disapear, when they did apear I could set the options, but there's an audio linkage option available that is more for a TiOC camera then the SD50225.
The old firmware shows PTZ presets and in SmartPSS I could still adjust the settings, yet these settings were not synched in the NVR, the NVR had it's own settings, so when the camera triggered, the camera would move to cam PTZ first and then the NVR PTZ. :rolleyes:

Dahua NL said "that part is removed in the new camera's, it's no longer supported", but the camera has a build date of 2021.
Next thing, they couldn't support me as the camera should have been sold in a different country.

NetEyeD

n3wb
Reaction score
"I've the same camera recently installed more for looking at wildlife in our back garden. I'm currently on the latest firmware Stream3_812.0000007.0.R yet can switch back and forth to V2.800. 0000000.5.R."

I could as well, but there was also a v2.810 and from 2.812 back to v2.810 failed, it has a version check I think.