Dahua SD59230S-HN 30x PTZ offline

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had the 30X PTZ for nearly 2 years with out issue. but last night sitting at my desk I noticed it had gone offline. I went to the closet unplugged POE+ as well as the ethernet cables to it for a few minutes before reconnecting and plugging back in. Still nothing was not coming back online so went out to check the camera. The camera seemed to be power cycling and rotating up and down and seemed to be bottoming it self out at the upper position and making a chattering sound. I then went back and unplugged it again until I can look further into it in the daylight. My first thought and hope is that maybe the POE+ injector is going bad, but more likely an issue in the camera.Does anybody have any suggestions or know maybe what may have happened?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Had the 30X PTZ for nearly 2 years with out issue. but last night sitting at my desk I noticed it had gone offline. I went to the closet unplugged POE+ as well as the ethernet cables to it for a few minutes before reconnecting and plugging back in. Still nothing was not coming back online so went out to check the camera. The camera seemed to be power cycling and rotating up and down and seemed to be bottoming it self out at the upper position and making a chattering sound. I then went back and unplugged it again until I can look further into it in the daylight. My first thought and hope is that maybe the POE+ injector is going bad, but more likely an issue in the camera.Does anybody have any suggestions or know maybe what may have happened?
That sucks, I hope it's only the injector, kinda suck if I only get a couple years out of mine

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like its under powered and falling on its face during the startup calibration dance.. the camera should take power from 24vac if you can take it down and bench test it.

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I ordered another Poe+ injector from Amazon and should have it Tomorrow, it's been unplugged all day I may try it when I get home in the daylight. All of the wires are inside the sophet and not exposed so hope they are good. If the new Poe doesn't work then I'll start the dismantling.

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried again today still the same thing. Here is a short clip I tok last night of what it's doing

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New POE came in but still nothing, ended up being a bad port on the switch I think. Once it came back online I didn't want to swap back to POE to verify. I may pick up one of those inecpensive POE testers to check it out. Both are something I am sure I can use in the future.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
New POE came in but still nothing, ended up being a bad port on the switch I think. Once it came back online I didn't want to swap back to POE to verify. I may pick up one of those inecpensive POE testers to check it out. Both are something I am sure I can use in the future.
So it's working now on another port?

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So it's working now on another port?
Yes, so I am not 100% sure if the POE was bad or a dead port. I need to get one of those POE testers and check the POE but don't feel like swapping back and forth to check it now, it's in a difficult location for trouble shooting.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, so I am not 100% sure if the POE was bad or a dead port. I need to get one of those POE testers and check the POE but don't feel like swapping back and forth to check it now, it's in a difficult location for trouble shooting.
maybe the switch will tell you if the port is bad, you might be able to test the POE with a multi meter, or see if the switch will tell you what the output is on that port.