Dahua SD6AE240V-HNI Samples

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Here are some SD6AE240V-HNI video samples, all pulled from my NVR with smart PSS, images not adjusted, with stock settings.
The cam is mounted in a tree with no lighting in the area and powered with AC24v.
The picture quality on this camera is excellent !!

After the firmware update the cam has better faster focus.
To be fair the auto tracking is hit or miss - mostly miss.
(Switch to 1080)

tree mount.jpg

Night Sample- IVS Intrusion set up with auto track.

Day Sample - This is from when I first received the camera, you can see the saturation needs to be adjusted.
I was having image flashing problems and then firmware upgrade issues that locked up the camera and had to send it back for repair.
When it returned I upgraded the firmware with no issues and has been one of my best cameras I have.

The clips below are a mix from a couple different cameras, you can tell from the location (in the woods) what is from the SD6AE240V-HNI

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm impressed by the auto-tracking. And the overall image quality.

It would be neat if some manufacturer could use a parfocal zoom lens so that the plane (or sphere) of focus didn't change as the lens zooms. The slow re-acquisition of focus after a zoom could lose some valuable opportunities for good subject identification.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The Auto Tracking is not that great. The daylight is much better than the night AT, but still way off.
As far as the focus, they did improve it with a firmware update seen in 3rd video.
They also tried Predictive Focus Algorithm (PFA) in the firmware that keeps the focus while zooming- still needs some work IMO.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, at least it sounds like they're making incremental improvements in the firmware, so kudos for that! Some camera companies (ahem... Canon, are you listening?) NEVER make firmware updates unless there's a serious bug. If you want performance improvements, you get to buy the next generation camera!

And edit to add: I love the fox footage. It's fun to see the kits playing at night like that. The tracking and focus does look better in that video. It does seem like it would be fairly easy to program in a sort of "look up table" of focus variation based on zoom, so that the AF could already be moving to the new setting while the zoom is happening.

With the fancy DSLR lenses and camera bodies, the camera communicates with the lens and knows the characteristics of that model, and even that particular copy of the lens, and can do predictive AF, on the fly, while tracking moving subjects. With a non-removable lens, it would be even easier to build that data into the program so that AF could be optimized even if the lens itself is not parfocal.

It's all pretty neat that it works at all, when you think about the technology required to implement something like this. And it sounds like it's improving. Very cool, IMO.

Last edited:

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PTZ19240V is the same optical and zoom module as SD6AE240V. I have to say that with new PFA (fast focus) firmware it is one o my favorites cameras.
Here is range test of this zoom:

I had to enable "defog" - that's why the colors are little bit "off" ;)

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice.. I am pretty sure they have the same lens in both cameras.
Did you purchase local or online? Price ?
I wanted to pick one of these up but they were charging a premium for the 19240..

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice.. I am pretty sure they have the same lens in both cameras.
Did you purchase local or online? Price ?
I wanted to pick one of these up but they were charging a premium for the 19240..
Local, price was around 2000 euro

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The Auto Tracking is not that great. The daylight is much better than the night AT, but still way off.
As far as the focus, they did improve it with a firmware update seen in 3rd video.
They also tried Predictive Focus Algorithm (PFA) in the firmware that keeps the focus while zooming- still needs some work IMO.
Part of the blur issue in the deer video when the deer is moving is the compression in my opinion. Just look how much detail is in the scene with all of those leaves. The moment the deer is still the focus is perfect. When moving the change from frame to frame is massive requiring huge compression to achieve.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
PTZ19240V is the same optical and zoom module as SD6AE240V. I have to say that with new PFA (fast focus) firmware it is one o my favorites cameras.
Here is range test of this zoom:
I had to enable "defog" - that's why the colors are little bit "off" ;)
It really shows the power of optical zoom at maintaining pixel density.