Dahua Smart PSS not finding network host? NVR4104-P

jRiffRaff

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DAHUA NVR4104-P NVR connected to 2 DAHUA IPC-HFW4421B cameras. I used to be able to view the camera feed from Smart PSS on my networked computers (and directly from the web app if I ran the old browsers).
Recently I upgraded my cable internet to a higher speed and with it got a new cable modem. I run the modem in bridge mode connected to my router and I haven't changed any settings on my router (I assigned a fixed/reserved IP address to the NVR).
Coincidentally (or not) I can't view the camera feed anymore. I can ping the NVR and get a response, but Smart PSS reports the NVR as being offline "Can not find network host". When I look at the DHCP list on my router, the NVR also doesn't show up. So how is it responding to a ping?
Since I didn't make any changes on 'this side' of the network I am at a loss what to do to make things work again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
jRiff

cctvnerd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just plug the nvr out and ping again. if you get an answer somebody/something is using the nvr ip.

and when you give the nvr a fixed address then it will not show up in the dhcp list

jRiffRaff

n3wb
Reaction score
I disconnected the NVR and it did not respond to the ping. Also, my other devices with reserved IP addresses do show up on the DHCP list. I also checked the ARP table and the MAC address associated with the IP address in question matches my NVR.

jRiff

jRiffRaff

n3wb
Reaction score
I just realized that when I upgraded my modem, I also upgraded the firmware of my Linksys EA8500 router. Could that be causing problems?

Thanks,
jRiff

jRiffRaff

n3wb
Reaction score
Still lost...Now I'm wondering if there is something in the NVR itself that I may have disabled to prevent remote connections. Is that possible?

jRiff

jRiffRaff

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, so I realize I'm just talking to myself here, but for the record:

I've now discovered that if I configure my device under the IP of my NVR on my local network, I have the issues - HOWEVER if I configure the device to use the domain of my dynamic DNS forwarding service which redirects to the NVR through my router, IT WORKS!

So now I don't understand what is different between the 2.

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller? Bueller?

Abbasi87

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone comes here looking for solution for similar issue first and foremost do check what method you used to add the NVR to the smartpss software. If you added through a direct IP or through search feature then simply remove the NVR and again add the NVR through Serial Number and make sure P2P is enabled in NVR Network settings. Thats one way to solve this issue.