n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Recently just setup some IP cams:
Device Type: Dahua IPC-HFW4120S
Software Version: 2.400.0000.7.R, build : 2015-04-22
WEB Version: 3.2.1.265806
ONVIF Version: 2.4.1

Can view them fine (over browser / SmartPSS Live View) and theyre setup as 192.168.0.221 / 223 respectively.
Issue is with SmartPSS / PC-NVR. Firstly, I'm sure in the past (another site) when I 'searched for devices', the PC-NVR was picked up automatically. In this case, it wasnt. I added it manually though and its on my list of devices and its status is green/'online'.
However, when I go to the PC-NVR section of SmartPSS to setup the recording location etc, none of the options on the left are available to me - all of them are grayed out and they dont become active.

Quite a problem cos its pretty pointless having cameras without the ability to record :p
I also have a Seagate NAS (entry level) on the same network and tried setting up 'Surveillance Manager' on it to see if I could avoid SmartPSS altogether but it cant detect the cameras (auto search) or even if i set them up manually they dont work (Selecting Dahua = doesnt have my model; selecting ONVIF = doesnt connect).

Server where SmartPSS / PC-NVR is installed is running Windows 2008 R2 and I've also tried disabling the firewall - but still no luck.

I'm open to try either way, just need to be able to record! Any ideas?

SupaMonkey

n3wb
Reaction score
Windows Server 2008 R2
PC-NVR is running (try run the icon on the desktop and it tells me it is still running).

SupaMonkey

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone? This works fine on another setup I have (same version / cameras / etc) so I can only imagine its a security or firewall setting of sorts? Any ideas?